Issue with Chrome

sebasmiles
Go to solution Solved by sebasmiles,

sebasmiles

Server: Unraid 6.8.2 Running docker version of Emby.

M/B: ASRock B75 Pro3-M
CPU: Intel® Xeon® CPU E3-1225 V2 @ 3.20GHz
Memory: 16 GiB DDR3
Kernel: Linux 4.19.98-Unraid x86_64

Problem:

When using chrome and playing this specific file, it loads for a long time, then plays something for a fraction of a second and goes back to main menu.
I tried re-starting chrome, yet the issue persists. I tried watching the same on firefox on the same system, and it worked just fine. Normally I would just go and try to get a different version of the file, but figured best to post here in case it may be a more widespread issue. Other files seem to be ok.

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-remux-4676798a-da55-4289-b8c5-736aacafdfc1_1.txt

sebasmiles

Well, I went to see something else for a while and came back after I saw your message.

I was going to figure out how to force the transcode (probably thru profile settings since the video didn't run long enough) but I went ahead and gave it another try...and it worked. I am utterly confused as to what changed. I will leave the files here, but I guess this is closed unless you want me to test something else for you.

ffmpeg-remux-b1fe9da8-6fdd-4bb1-8101-8257a2c9b1ec_1.txt embyserver.txt

Edited by sebasmiles

These two examples are streaming the original to the browser video player. For some reason the browser video player doesn't like one of them, so that's why forcing the transcode most likely would have resolved it. It's just that it's difficult to do that automatically because the steam looks like something the video player should be able to handle.

• Thanks 1

sebasmiles

Yeah, I just don't get why it got jammed with it originally and seemingly wihtout changes it worked the second time. Weird...

• Solution
sebasmiles

@Luke So I figured it out, in the meantime my system automatically downloaded a different version of the episode and replaced it so it worked the second time because it wasn't the same file.... oh well.