No items in Library on macOS server

rogema

Hello,

I've installed successfully the Emby Server on my macOS, but after configuring the library media folder, it doesn't scan nothing and there are no items when visiting to the web client.

When configuring the library folder, it does detect the path, so I guess it has permissions, but even though, no items found on library.

When I try to press the "Scan Library" button, it finishes in a second like it doesn't even try to scan.

I looked at the logs and there were no errors and exceptions whatsoever.

Please help.

Hey Luke, thanks for the response.

I import from an external HDD which in the path: 

/Volumes/Elements/Movies

Where "Elements" is the name of the external HDD and Movies is a root folder in the external HDD.

There are just hundreds of movies inside that folder. All of them with the recommended format mentioned in the docs.

For example: "The Godfather (1972)", "Fight Club (1999)", and so on...

It was working great when it was a server on my Linux system but now I've moved it to my Mac machine.

At the beginning, on my Linux server, I had permissions issues when adding library folder and Emby was not able to find the "Movies" folder.

But after "chmod 777" and "chown emby" the folder everything was OK.

With my Mac I haven't had to change any permissions and when adding the movies folder it found everything real smooth.

But it just can't scan the library. Whenever I hit "scan library" the progress bar finish immediately like nothing happens. 

I was looking at the logs and found no errors, no exceptions...

I'm lost...

• 2 weeks later...
ccastilla

Another possible solution, is to use a different file system. I was using APFS, and that had this issue. I was thinking of using a Windows server so I transferred the files to a NTFS drive. I used the paragon drivers to be able to write to a NTFS drive. Before moving the drive to a Windows computer I decided to scan the files from the NTFS drive, and at that point it scanned without any issues. So if you don't mind using NTFS on a Mac, this might solve your problem.

Yes, I'm still experiencing this issue. No matter what I tried. I do use NTFS as a filesystem on the external HDD.

Anyway, I kinda lost any hope so I ordered a Raspberry Pi 4 from Amazon to act as the Emby Server. I had a better experience using Emby Server on Linux.

On 12/29/2020 at 9:01 PM, Luke said:

OK, if you want to try again and attach the emby server log, we're happy to help you resolve this. Thanks.

Now after I got the Raspberry Pi 4 the library is fine but I'm experiencing buffering issues on my LAN :((

Update: Everything fine via the RP4. It seems that the Ethernet port of the LG OLED is really bad and actually WiFi is faster.

So after disconnecting the Ethernet and connecting to the WiFi everything is working great.

• 1 year later...
dongleberry

I have this issue and am on a Mac using external HDD. Just installed Emby server and permissions are 777 and I can't get the library to find any movies. Structure is set up properly as this is not my first rodeo. What's the deal?

On 1/17/2022 at 12:03 PM, dongleberry said:

I have this issue and am on a Mac using external HDD. Just installed Emby server and permissions are 777 and I can't get the library to find any movies. Structure is set up properly as this is not my first rodeo. What's the deal?

Hi @dongleberry can you please run a library scan and then attach the emby server log after it completes?

Thanks.

dongleberry
57 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi @dongleberry can you please run a library scan and then attach the emby server log after it completes?

Thanks so much for the reply. Nothing was showing in my logs, so I moved everything into a new folder and now it's working. I can't seem to find what exactly was the problem other than basic folder corruption of the original folder, simple as that.