Can't access Synology (and thus Emby)

hollerme

hollerme

Hi,

A Virgin engineer recently attended my home due to problems with the phoneline (Emby was working at that time) and in the process reset the router. However since doing so I can no longer access Synology or Emby and was hoping I might be able to get some advice on how to access them again.

PenkethBoy

do you have access to the router - you should have - your login details should still work but....

i expect the router is in default mode and needs setting up to your previous config - the ip address range will have changed and is probably why you cant access your syno

IIRC the virgin Media forums have FAQ for this sort of thing so i would go there first and see whats available and go from there

FrostByte

I assume you're using hard coded IP information in the NAS which is why the new network isn't recognizing it.  

The easiest way would probably to do as PenkethBoy mentioned.

However, the other option if you don't want to change your router's network information back to the old is reset the IP settings in the NAS back to DHCP so it will be recognized in the new network

I was in a similar situation awhile back when I changed my ISP and hardware.  There is a pin hole in the back which will reset the admin password, IP information, and a couple other things

Method 1 in the link should get you back

https://www.synology.com/en-us/knowledgebase/DSM/tutorial/General_Setup/How_to_reset_my_Synology_NAS

Basically, you will need to either change the network back, or change the NAS back to DHCP.  

CBers
2 hours ago, hollerme said:

A Virgin engineer recently attended my home

Well letting a VM engineer in your house was your first mistake 😂

There's quite a few of us in here with VM, so shout if you have any more questions. 

My SuperHub3 is in modem-only mode. Do you remember what mode yours was in before the "engineer" arrived? Probably left it in normal router mode, as PenkethBoy said. 

If I remember correctly, to connect to the SuperHub3 it is 192.168.0.1, or if in modem-only mode, its 192.168.100.1. 

Edited by CBers
  • Like 1

PenkethBoy

and you have to connect to a specific port on SH if in modem mode - see VM forum for specifics

• 2 weeks later...