Not getting "tvg-shift" from EPG list

TwinStream

TwinStream

Good afternoon,

I´m quite new to Emby, have been using Plex for a couple of years but decided to try out Emby because the support of m3u tuner. The guide shows everything right, the correct channel mapping and logos but it is not able to get tvg-shift from my m3u or/and xml link. I know it´s correct because i´ve tried it in stand alone IPTV-players and Jellyfin, but Emby does not get the correct timeshift.

Is there someting I am doing wrong or is this even supported? According to the support site for "m3u-tuners" Emby is able to use those tags and show correct timing.

The following M3U properties are supported:

tvg-name - Channel name

tvg-id - Channel unique id

tvg-chno - Channel number

tvg-shift - Number of hours to shift the epg (only used as needed)

Sincerely, Ivan

Edited by TwinStream
Misspelling

• 2 months later...
lastelement21

I seem to be having this issue if the command is placed in #EXTM3U, however it works fine if I place tvg-shift in each channel's config.  Would be great if I could shift my whole schedule by adding it to #EXTM3U

Examples:

#EXTM3U url-tvg="http://10.98.2.1:34400/xmltv/xteve.xml" x-tvg-url="http://10.98.2.1:34400/xmltv/xteve.xml" tvg-shift="-8"

3 hours ago, lastelement21 said:

I seem to be having this issue if the command is placed in #EXTM3U, however it works fine if I place tvg-shift in each channel's config.  Would be great if I could shift my whole schedule by adding it to #EXTM3U

Examples:

Never heard of that before, but yes it's possible for the future. thanks.

• 1 month later...
BillOatman
On 1/13/2021 at 5:43 PM, lastelement21 said:

Would be great if I could shift my whole schedule by adding it to #EXTM3U

Not sure why this would be necessary.  If the programme entries in the xml file have the correct time and time offset like this

<programme start="20210227230000 +0000" stop="20210228030000 +0000" channel="NHL08.us">

Then the client is supposed to adjust in the displayed guide to your local timezone, which Emby definitely does.

If the offset is not present, GMT is assumed.

Edited by BillOatman
  • Like 1

lastelement21
On 3/16/2021 at 6:05 AM, BillOatman said:

If the programme entries in the xml file have the correct time and time offset like this

Unfortunately this is not always the case, for various reasons.   Other guide software can read it from the header line, so why not here?  At the moment I just use sed and a cron job to do it, but would be much simpler if it only needed edits on one line.

Emby will read and use the offset if it's embedded in the file correctly.

We currently support the tvg-shift attribute in m3u channel lists. Have you tried that?

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Shaikeme said:

But can it call the iptv setver to catch the duration of the show?

That comes from the guide data source.