Fire TV Remember user credentials option

runtimesandbox
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

runtimesandbox

I use emby on a firestick and have multiple emby servers that I switch between. Each time I switch server it logs me out of the other server and I have to reenter the user and password for that server, which on a firestick remote is a pain to do.

Could we get the option to save the credentials for a user so it doesn't require them to be entered each switch? Maybe a tick box on the login page?

I would add that this is used on a network remote to the emby server, so using the features for local network sign in will not work.

Hi.  Yes, as Luke mentioned, please tell us what your "Start Up Behavior" is set to in the app settings.

runtimesandbox

Yes I have, the only settings there are to chose startup behaviour which allows for either:

- Remember the last user (signs straight in to that server)

- Show the login screen.

If you could tick both boxes it would allow switching without reentering the creds but this does not seem possible unless I am missing something?

4wan9en0L-s5yMQ6M-fhiqX6axhgoPFhZKe3BisX5RP54R3LFgXfewS4ps7iRwTyI5Y_dVkoAhJJbHg2HtsIcNRqa4cokoFLR37IKjML8M9kd1KhSyd8mblN6I2OYWeXxbiO-aI05KkOQGv9INkwRreG7qac1FzJ2nUkPhcs2FK8Fo5oixeOwcbcISAsPQAOkL2JqccCup2CyIbfrPPoipX_lXhNZLBfJD05KazGG63jkU7vV3JJhLhU-E_918PRKhwSeV7vj3EUSXSILDTcVT_KuiDrVk70ndXjrbwfNkZ_F_pLUAUeJKBuZDCHImZpyeOvAtPPlAIvCUzTeYwuWHbXjsummysFjFCmhdFOwufFhpuIdACe2hNQSM9kpn_eyY-Wl0uphQDSkvx8mzTalyEVnVAXMuXa6f9XAHJaS1Ok8CLavk2zIRKQsplv4hFtgE6c-GPSpVytQGBH96MCRzWmS09vrnMbR8tDTC27HB_dI3zK_uiV3guAyLoP1PLqSsIA9j_1fna0-xdsQV9IBJT_keXYaKbT9tNNu4zlCjqQUDJSRtqlLLSJAdS3N1TcpURHsIdz9cyC2crwmlfSb1rHgibAIkuQloVHLc-YRtogCJFOJJDtCdudQlMjLufMjfzgQEHYmF-b0mM_RUM49Om4Uiyh4ncFUIg1d2RFBX2mBm5R6OYaBVxhLqotIg=w1250-h937-no?authuser=0

Edited by runtimesandbox

• Solution

Hi. There are actually three options but the first one you listed - Remember last user - which is also the default, will do exactly what you want.  You can switch servers from your user menu at the top and it will go directly in to the last user on each server.

• Like 1

runtimesandbox
4 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi. There are actually three options but the first one you listed - Remember last user - which is also the default, will do exactly what you want.  You can switch servers from your user menu at the top and it will go directly in to the last user on each server.

thanks @ebr, that was the bit I was missing. No need to change the startup settings.