Play All / Shuffle All in audio books won't work

DarrenClimie-Newman

DarrenClimie-Newman

Hi All.

I'm running in to an issue where Emby on any of my Firesticks wont play a Music from my library of I select the Play All or Shuffle All button.

Yet if I Shuffle all on my Samsung S10 mobile device, it shuffles perfectly fine. Same goes for Emby Theater on my Windows 10 Media PC.

Any ideas or things I can try??

Thanks

Edited by DarrenClimie-Newman

16 minutes ago, DarrenClimie-Newman said:

I select the Play All or Shuffle All button

Hi.  Exactly where are you doing this and what happens when you do?

DarrenClimie-Newman

Hi @ebr

I have also just noticed that on the Firestick, it only shows the music by Folder structure on my NAS, and no other way of viewing the content, ie. album, Genre, album artist etc..

I'm clicking on the Play Button on the right hand side of the screen and selecting from there, see image.

Click either of these and it does nothing20201107_171220.thumb.jpg.1dea8d93e7049f33f6e40c73c96329d6.jpg

Okay, click on the 'cog' icon at the top right in that screen and change your view style to "Tabbed View".  This is the default so you changed this at some point in the past.

You will then get all the views you are expecting.

DarrenClimie-Newman

I don't have any options to change the view, see image.

That's not my issue, my issue is the Play All/Shuffle All doesn't work.....?

20201108_142111.jpg

4 minutes ago, DarrenClimie-Newman said:

I don't have any options to change the view, see image.

Okay, then that means this library is not properly setup as Music.  What do you see on the web app?

DarrenClimie-Newman

It's setup as audiobooks because I was advised previously it's the only way to have a 'Continue Listening' option on the home screen.

And, in that exact same screen in the web app a shuffle or play all actually works?  Are you sure - or is it just playing one of those "albums"?  There is currently an issue with trying to shuffle or play all on a list of container items like albums.

DarrenClimie-Newman

I can play all or shuffle all on my Samsung S10 Android Device or Emby Theater on my Windows 10 Media PC.

It just doesn't work on the Firesticks

1 minute ago, DarrenClimie-Newman said:

I can play all or shuffle all on my Samsung S10 Android Device or Emby Theater on my Windows 10 Media PC.

From exactly what screen?  If you go to the "Folders" tab in those apps, does it work?

DarrenClimie-Newman

Yes it works. I can go to Folder View and select a folder (UK Garage) and then click shuffle on my android device and it plays as expected.

DarrenClimie-Newman

Hi

It does nothing, literally nothing happens.

I have re-added the library as a Music library, rather than audio books, so I'm all good now, as it works as expected.

Thanks