tvOS 14.2 update - I can’t seek using native player

vdatanet

vdatanet

After tvOS 14.2 update, I can’t seek using native player, I can’t resume either

Edited by vdatanet

@vdatanet -- It appears to be an issue with our app package and tvOS 14.2. We'll get a new beta out built on the tvOS 14.2 SDKs to fix this as soon as possible.

Thanks for reporting!

vdatanet
20 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, what are you playing?

Everything, direct play, direct streaming, remuxing and transcoding.

vdatanet

Using MPV remote does not respond correctly, pressing MENU during playback does not return to the previous screen, it costs a lot to swipe down to see info... At the moment the application is almost unusable.

UnderMiner

Hello, I have the exact issue as vdatanet and moved to MPV player in order to use Emby. The seek button on the MOV player is not as consistent as before the TVOS update and does not always respond to the seek request (nothing happens).Thanks to Corey for his quick reply above.

After updating Apple TV to 14.2 I cannot play any content at all in my Library called Fitness.

My Movies library still plays fine, but cannot seek as mentioned above ^

The files in my Fitness library are just standard MP4 just like the movies I have.

The only difference I can find is the library is defined as Home Videos & Photos, does that make a difference?

***Edit:  I just created a new library under Mixed content, same issue.  Also created another library as type "Movies" but none of my custom content shows up (I guess thats expected)?

When I press play it just flashes up for a second, spins, then goes back to the content screen again with the play button.

Thanks!

Edited by TTREM

I have the same problems.

Using MPV makes it possible to watch media but not pause, seek and so on.

Not using MPV almost nothing is playable, and even other things like top menu is bugging.

Hi guys.  We are working on this.  Apple snuck this release out before even releasing the development tools necessary to build an app on it.  We'll get it corrected as fast as we can.

Thanks.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, vdatanet said:

Using MPV remote does not respond correctly, pressing MENU during playback does not return to the previous screen, it costs a lot to swipe down to see info... At the moment the application is almost unusable.

Thanks for noting this @vdatanet. We'll take a look at this as well.

• Like 1

Hi Chaps, I've been running without issue for quite some times now, but with 14.2 update I can't play anything. Just thought I'd attach the logs, it might be useful.

---

UPDATE: Enabled MPV and I can play for now, thank god :D had to borrow my Mom's FireTV last night :D

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-db2e6155-cbc2-4878-b82f-a1cd673ea03b_1.txt

Edited by kazeboy

vdatanet

It seems that the beta 1.5.0 (0) has fixed the problems of the native player, even those of the audio player (not showing artwork when playing), but the instability of the MPV player continues. Also, the PIP icon of the native player has disappeared.

9 minutes ago, vdatanet said:

Also, the PIP icon of the native player has disappeared.

Unfortunately, that was the fix for the music issue.  Apple doesn't allow music apps to use PIP (don't ask...).

UnderMiner

I confirm the response from vdatanet, the MPV player does not respond to the Menu button and it does not reliably skip forward or back. For example, when pressing skip forward on the remote, the LED light on the Apple TV flashes but the Emby app and MPV do not respond.

• Like 1

vdatanet
3 minutes ago, ebr said:

Unfortunately, that was the fix for the music issue.  Apple doesn't allow music apps to use PIP (don't ask...).

It does not matter, I can live without it, better this way, the music player works correctly.

hello desole am not sure I understood: if I install the Beta version 4.6.0.5 on my Synology ,it regulates the problem of reading my videos?

thanks

vdatanet
Just now, TRN69 said:

hello desole am not sure I understood: if I install the Beta version 4.6.0.5 on my Synology ,it regulates the problem of reading my videos?

thanks

No, I was talking about the beta app 1.5.0 (0), it's not a server issue, it's a client issue.

vdatanet
1 minute ago, TRN69 said:

OK that it is the procedure to install this beta version on my appleTV? I do not see it

You can join the beta program sending a PM to @ebr providing him your app store mail, you will get a Testflight invitation.

Edited by vdatanet

thank's

but  Sorry to bother you... sent an email to @ebr yesterday, and still no response.

Edited by TRN69
That's ON TANK YOU

vdatanet

The popup at the end of the episode has also returned announcing the next episode. Thank you!

54 minutes ago, YoYo0014 said:

i have sent a private message to @ebr to request a TestFlight invitation for the beta 1.5.0 .

how i receive this TestFlight ?

You will receive an email from Apple.

Thanks.