New design for collection in horizontal mode

OnyxUK

Hey all i have had a bit of an idea and would like to share with the devs to see if this would be possible. 

as you can see from the first photo this is how the collections column looks like now and i would like to talk you through the new design idea i have had with the following pictures. 

Untitled.thumb.png.6ae259a90a4a6470cc4a47ab47ea8307.png

second photo :

949328903_Untitled3.thumb.jpg.ea7e2aa97172bea47208314f1aee66a2.jpg

Okay so as you can kinda see i have extended the view panel for what would be available in the selected collection when being hovered over by mouse or keyboard, this would then show what movies our available in that current collection that uploaded to your server. along with its collection logo and information. if there is more than 4 movies in you collection you would then be able to scroll from left to right to show the 5th 6th etc movies. also just to note when closing this panel to see the next collection you could press your back button on your keyboard or mouse to show other collection under the view panel.

Photo 3:

13479193_Untitled4.thumb.jpg.c2186bd2cf92093c8e7e233ad773f2f0.jpg

So in this photo, i am showing you that when hovering over one of the selected films it will in-large the same as emby currently when hovering over films along with the movie logo and information and metadata information ie date added, ratings, length etc. once clicked it will then redirect to the movies page then being able to press play from there.

Photo 4:

1993594608_Untitled5.thumb.jpg.d1f0e1cda99418fde16ddf2b8d1324e8.jpg

The last photo is just showing when hovering to the next film it is showing its in-large image and information.

I hope you guys like this idea and same for the devs as well. not sure if it would be feasible or even a good idea but just thought i would share with you and hope you liked it haha.

• Like 1

Deathsquirrel

I wouldn't like this.  I understand the reasoning behind it but this is a navigation and management interface to me.  I don't want the shape of things on the screen to suddenly change because I waited a moment on a particular poster.  In your screenshots I stopped scrolling for a moment to consider if I wanted to watch a 'Has Fallen' movie.  A moment later I can't even see the next three collections as the serve helpfully reminds me what's in the highlighted collection.  Presumably now if I push right on the d-pad equivalent, I don't go to the Ant Man collection, I go to a 'Has Fallen' movie.

It reminds me of the auto-previews in Netflix.  Clearly they think they're helping, but the impact on my use is that I learned to make sure to never stop moving long enough to let the freaking noise start up.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, so you're saying this would be just a mouse hover effect?

hey luke yes to a point like i say its a rough idea but something that popped in my head so thought i would share haha

6 minutes ago, Deathsquirrel said:

I wouldn't like this.  I understand the reasoning behind it but this is a navigation and management interface to me.  I don't want the shape of things on the screen to suddenly change because I waited a moment on a particular poster.  In your screenshots I stopped scrolling for a moment to consider if I wanted to watch a 'Has Fallen' movie.  A moment later I can't even see the next three collections as the serve helpfully reminds me what's in the highlighted collection.  Presumably now if I push right on the d-pad equivalent, I don't go to the Ant Man collection, I go to a 'Has Fallen' movie.

It reminds me of the auto-previews in Netflix.  Clearly they think they're helping, but the impact on my use is that I learned to make sure to never stop moving long enough to let the freaking noise start up.

i completely agree with what you are saying with netflix however emby is very good on over taking netflix interface and with the other 3 movies that would normally be stuck behind the viewing panel could maybe be changed to have them moved to the right so the viewing panel doesnt get in the way of other collections maybe ? like i say its a rough idea but with the help of the community it could turn into a great idea.