Emby just loads up and then restarts back to the roku homescreen

RobIox

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I have the same issue here. Emby Roku app crashes immediately after success sign-in to server. I have two Roku TVs both on 9.4.0 build 4200.

I tried the beta channel and I tried logging in manually with my IP - once I sign in the app crashes and it takes me back to the Roku home screen.

Everything works great on my phone using the Android app.

Thanks for any help so I can try this out!

9 hours ago, MelanyD said:

Hello,

I have the same issue here. Emby Roku app crashes immediately after success sign-in to server. I have two Roku TVs both on 9.4.0 build 4200.

I tried the beta channel and I tried logging in manually with my IP - once I sign in the app crashes and it takes me back to the Roku home screen.

Everything works great on my phone using the Android app.

Thanks for any help so I can try this out!

What version is your server?

I believe we have found the reason for this. Thanks for reporting it and apologies we never discovered it earlier.

Did this crash to the Roku home screen happen after choosing your server and username? It crashes back to the Roku home screen before it ever let you enter a password? If YES we have fixed the problem.

Edited by speechles

Thank you! My server version is 4.5.4.0 running on Windows 10 x64. 

I am allowed to enter a password, although my child account account has no password set, before the app crashes back to the home screen. 

I briefly see the home screen that shows me I can 'continue watching' (from what I had started on my phone that works well) before the crash.

Hello, thank you for trying to assist me. I believe I have it fixed.

What I did was uninstall Emby Server and all versions of my C++ Redistributable packages from like 2008 onward. Then after a reboot, I reinstalled Emby Server and the C++ packages it came bundled with. Afterwards I was able to connect with my Roku TV! I was using version 4.0 build 4.