Nvidia Shield Pro Emby client - guide issue

jkramer

jkramer

Win10 server, 2019 shield pro client.

If I am scrolling around the TV guide with the d-pad, the guide does not refresh properly when I return to the current time unless I scroll to a later time then back. Not a showstopper but certainly annoying. I suspect a video of what I see would be better than logs, just thought I'd check first to see if this is a known issue. If not, I'll post whatever info is needed.

Thanks.

Hi.  Can you explain exactly what you are doing and what is happening (or the video would be good)?

Thanks.

jkramer

Just navigating around the tv guide grid in Emby Premiere on a 2019 Nvidia Shield Pro with the D-pad on the remote. In the vid you can see where I scroll up the grid at the start and the listings are missing, I then scroll right an hour or 2 then back to current time and its there. 

I then scroll to the bottom channels then go several hours right, then scroll up to the top of the grid, missing shows, then scroll left and it instantly shows the listings.

Long story short, navigating around and listings disappear, fixit by scrolling a couple hours right then back again and they are there. Kinda hard to follow in the vid, gotta watch the times. This video is simply a continuous 1:13 of me cruising around my listing grid.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8rogqjwskc560x/VID_20201104_175402700.mp4?dl=0

[edit] BTW, this only happens on the Shield client, seems ok elsewhere. didn't bother checking my Roku Ultra, because, well, Roku sucks.  🙃

[edit2] Oh yea, if that video needs context, I can redo it and say the D-pad buttons I'm hitting as it progresses. Let me know.

Edited by jkramer

I'll try to reproduce this but just giving the video a quick watch didn't see anything wrong.  I noticed a couple of times the description didn't pop right up but the scrolling was so quick it might not have had time to fetch the info.

What exactly is the problem?

6 hours ago, cayars said:

but just giving the video a quick watch didn't see anything wrong

The issue is that - within the guide itself - the grid is showing "No program Data" when there actually is data and, simply forcing it to reload, causes it to show.

jkramer

I fired up my Tube version of the Shield in the bedroom, it does the same thing. This points to a slow server?

But oddly, other platforms refresh fine, Win10 web interface on Chrome. I'll plug in my Roku also and see what happens there.

The server is old, dxdiag.txt attached. 

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 18363) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)
                 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
      System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
             System Model: P55-UD3L
                     BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG (type: BIOS)
                Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU         750  @ 2.67GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
                   Memory: 8192MB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti but that shouldn't matter.

27 minutes ago, ebr said:

simply forcing it to reload, causes it to show.

Forcing the reload by navigating right an hour or 2 then back.

DxDiag.txt