4k HVEC play

Guest kovibalko

Guest kovibalko

Hi!

I have a problem below:

Given a movie: The.Martian.2015.Extended.2160p.UHD.BluRay.REMUX.HDR.HEVC.Atmos.Hun 44 Gb hangs when randomly wound into a movie, but not just the movie but the whole emby app, I have to switch to another source and then restart. It doesn't even note where I kept it for a file of this size. What could be the problem? I attach the log file

thanks

hardware_detection-63740123003.txt

Happy2Play

Please post server log and ffmpeg log if created for the specific item being played.

Guest kovibalko

embyserver-63740122977.txt ffmpeg-transcode-4d4922d4-f35b-4e6d-8a0c-b04515fb5bd4_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-17293d97-4937-409c-ac4f-3cf909e587f8_1.txt

maybe doesnt this files....otherwise, I have limited access to these log files, do I see up to 20 files, do they overwrite themselves, or are they still traceable somewhere?

Edited by kovibalko

Hi, these ffmpeg logs are from playing scarface. Are you sure this is the right one from when the problem was experienced?

Guest kovibalko

Unfortunately, I haven't found it anymore.. otherwise, I have limited access to these log files, do I see up to 20 files, do they overwrite themselves, or are they still traceable somewhere? 

13 hours ago, kovibalko said:

Hi!

I have a problem below:

Given a movie: The.Martian.2015.Extended.2160p.UHD.BluRay.REMUX.HDR.HEVC.Atmos.Hun 44 Gb hangs when randomly wound into a movie, but not just the movie but the whole emby app, I have to switch to another source and then restart. It doesn't even note where I kept it for a file of this size. What could be the problem? I attach the log file

thanks

hardware_detection-63740123003.txt 383.39 kB · 2 downloads

The problem with this file is that the Atmos track will need converting, so the file will be HLS Streamed, which is a problem for 4K high bitrate HEVC files.  Playback performance will be unacceptable.

Is there another track (not Atmos, TrueHD or DTS) that you can select for audio?

Edited by SamES

Guest kovibalko

I was playing on a DD 5.1 soundtrack when the freeze happened.
I tried it this morning and there was no problem, I wrapped it in ....
I really don't understand anymore :)