Albums are not recognized but single songs

encymon

Hello Community,

I'm new hear. My name is Bernhard and i tried several things but I found no way out. The search gave me no result so I come up to you...

I'm looking for a new Mediaserver and testing some servers at the moment. My favorit will be Emby, but I've got a problem with it , I can't solve. I hope you can help me.

I'm running an Embyserver 4.5.2.0 at TruenasCore 12. From the settings, everything work fine.

I have only flac files which are named by Music Brainz. The structure from my folder ist: \artist\album\Song

I added only two folders to test. one folder works fine. From the second folder I can see only one album but there must be six. but when i search for single song, I find every song by search.

I can play the song, rename it an everything works. but if I search the interpret, only one album will show up from the six. They are all tagged right!

I'm running a Plex Jail in parallel for testing, there every album works fine.

I tried to rename the files, and re-tagged the files always the same. I can find a single song by search, but no album, no artist.

Do you need any further information? Please ask!

what have I done wrong?

kind regards

Encymon

Edited by encymon

I attached some screenshots from emby web page.

when i search for "macdonald" then the artist shows up with one album. in the folder are six albums, all tagged wright.

when i go into the album, then the album tracks show up in wright order, and after the album tracks all tracks from the other five albums apear.

When I have a look into the Metadata, everything looks allright for me.

my other two dlna test server finds the album wright. The source is always the same.

Screenshot 2020-11-06 110736.jpg

Screenshot 2020-11-06 110601.jpg

Screenshot 2020-11-06 110637.jpg

Screenshot 2020-11-06 110704.jpg

@encymon If you click the 3 dots to the right of one of those extra songs that are showing up, and click on "Edit Metadata", what does it say in there under "Album"?

I'm not sure of how Emby handles music files, but a lot of apps sort based on the id3 tag. So if the metadata is off in the file itself it may be ignoring folder structure. I may be way off, but that's just a guess.

Hello MRobi,

the first screenshot is from the Metadata. When I click at the three dots, everthing looks ok. The Metadata is filled with Music Brainz Picard.

I retagged the files allready. and renamed them too. It has nothing changed.

22 hours ago, encymon said:

Hello MRobi,

the first screenshot is from the Metadata. When I click at the three dots, everthing looks ok. The Metadata is filled with Music Brainz Picard.

I retagged the files allready. and renamed them too. It has nothing changed.

So in screenshot#1 for the song "Don't tell me that it's over" it says "Album: A Curious thing"

Screenshot#3 it shows the image of the album cover and says the album is "A Curious Thing"

Screenshot#4 is after clicking on the album "A Curious Thing" and you can clearly see the song from Screenshot#1 "Don't tell me that it's over" in the list after song #10.

So to me.... if the song is tagged with the album "A Curious Thing" as it shows in screenshot #1 then it's going to show up inside the album "A Curious Thing" as it shows in screenshot #4. So what exactly is not supposed to be there because from your screenshots it's working as intended?

EDIT: Looking at the track list for the "A Curious Thing" album, it appears Track1 is "Don't tell me that it's over". So go in and take a look at the Album field for 4th of July, Fire, Mr Rock and Roll, Under Stars. They are also all tagged as track1 and I'm assuming the album is also tagged as "A Curiour Thing"

Edited by MRobi

Hello MRobi,

thanks for your replay. This is exactly what I thought too.

You can see at the last screenshot attached that the album which shows up after clicking at the search result "A Curious Thing.." is from Track 1 - 10  "Life in a beautiful Light" The tracks form 1 - 10 are in the right order. After that tracks, the other five albums shows up. I picked just two Metadata for example, the album tags are complete different.

Any idea?

Synology DLNA Server and a Plex Testserver have the same source data, they both sort right... But Synology is to slow, and I don't like Plex...

Screenshot 2020-11-10 154900.jpg

Screenshot 2020-11-10 154938.jpg

Screenshot 2020-11-10 155008.jpg

Screenshot 2020-11-10 154835.jpg

Edited by encymon

That's exactly what I wanted to see. Unfortunately I agree with you, the metadata looks correct and the folder/file structure looks good, so I'm not quite sure where the issue is. I'm reaching here, but I notice the root folder has her name spelled wrong. The A is missing. Amy mAcdonald. I don't think that would be the source of your problem though.

I also notice you're using a network path, so I assume the files are hosted on the synology. Mine are all on my FreeNAS machine and then mounted into the jail so they're local. So my setup isn't quite the same as yours, but running some searches on my end all the artists load properly with all albums properly sorted. So I'm thinking it's got to be a config issue somewhere. Maybe because it's a network folder? If it were me having the issue, I'd try one of 2 things. First I'd remove the music library from my emby settings and re-add it, letting the library sync again. If that didn't work I'd try moving some files to the TrueNAS server, mounting it to the emby jail and then add a local library to see if it gets the same results. If neither of those work......I've got no clue.

Hello MRobi,

I tried both allready. I have the macdonald folder local on the TrueNas machine and mounted to the jail, with the same result. That's what I had first, then added the network path to test.

what I would to test, is what the emby server at the synology bring up for result. I allready installed it, but the Synology is out of date, so I would let it run when nothing is to do...

I added more music to test, and I have this issue with more artists, but I don't know what went wrong.

I found out what the problem was. There was a single song in the head folder. The song was right tagged. But the song was the problem. I moved the song into a folder an emby sorted the rest right.

Edited by encymon
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...