Can't get Real-Time-Monitoring(RTM) to work on Synology DS213j with latest DSM v6.2 and Emby Server v4.6.0.4 beta

Findus

2 minutes ago, Findus said:

RTM is activated, I tried a clean install of emby server without plugins. I tried a new folder, restarted every time after the changes.

I checked the ACL permissions. Everything is looking good like in your screenshots.

That I don't understand. Where do I check those infos?

in storage manager - volume

I saw that emby RTM is supported on "supported file systems" but I can't find wich one but seems that ext3, ext4 and btfrs are supported but network path only by manual rescan. can't find something clear

1 hour ago, yarez0 said:

I saw that emby RTM is supported on "supported file systems" but I can't find wich one but seems that ext3, ext4 and btfrs are supported but network path only by manual rescan. can't find something clear

I will check that later. I have a folder /volume1/video/ that I use, but also tried a fresh folder /video1/popcorn/ 

But that didn't change a thing.

I used the DSM to format the disks and install the system.

Is there a way to install the DSM OS from scratch? I guess thats not possible without losing all data, right?

https://www.synology.com/en-us/knowledgebase/DSM/tutorial/General_Setup/How_to_reset_my_Synology_NAS#t3

Although it sounds as if it would only re-install the OS...

Edited by Findus

3 hours ago, yarez0 said:

it's ext4 and hibernation is off

Q-Droid

I think you've been able to show that inotify is indeed working on your NAS. Perhaps double check that you are watching the same base dir with the tool as you are within emby. And if possible using the same user (emby) as your server. 

If those work then the issue could be with the Emby software or some dependency not identified yet. 

Edit: by tool I mean inotifywait and by Emby software I mean RTM. 

Edited by Q-Droid

1 hour ago, Q-Droid said:

I think you've been able to show that inotify is indeed working on your NAS. Perhaps double check that you are watching the same base dir with the tool as you are within emby. And if possible using the same user (emby) as your server. 

If those work then the issue could be with the Emby software or some dependency not identified yet. 

Edit: by tool I mean inotifywait and by Emby software I mean RTM. 

Absolutely sure that I am watching the same directory in Emby with RTM and with inotifywait.

Q-Droid
9 minutes ago, Findus said:

Absolutely sure that I am watching the same directory in Emby with RTM and with inotifywait.

Your examples show that when using the tool you are watching "/volume1/video/series/Creepshow" and "/volume1/video/series/De Zevensprong/Season 01/".  Your Emby server log shows it's watching "/volume1/video/series".

Same means same, not subset or partial.

To eliminate any access or permissions related problems the tests should monitor the same path and preferably by the same OS user. 

8 minutes ago, Q-Droid said:

Your examples show that when using the tool you are watching "/volume1/video/series/Creepshow" and "/volume1/video/series/De Zevensprong/Season 01/".  Your Emby server log shows it's watching "/volume1/video/series".

Same means same, not subset or partial.

To eliminate any access or permissions related problems the tests should monitor the same path and preferably by the same OS user. 

You are right. i will do that. But how do I ssh with the emby user as I don't have the password of that user, because created by emby server. 

If I change that will emby server stop working?

Q-Droid

No need to change it. If you're in a terminal session as root you can run "su -s /bin/bash emby" to start a shell session as the emby user. It may also work if not root with "sudo su -s /bin/bash emby". Path to bash can also be /usr/bin/bash.

Did that with user emby:

inotifywait -mre create,delete,move,modify,attrib "/volume1/video/series/"
Setting up watches.  Beware: since -r was given, this may take a while!
Watches established.
/volume1/video/series/Creepshow/Season 01/@eaDir/ DELETE Creepshow - [01x06] - Skincrawlers By the Silver Water of Lake Champlain.mkv@SynoResource
/volume1/video/series/Creepshow/Season 01/@eaDir/ DELETE Creepshow - [01x06] - Skincrawlers By the Silver Water of Lake Champlain.mkv@SynoEAStream
/volume1/video/series/Creepshow/Season 01/ DELETE,ISDIR @eaDir
/volume1/video/series/Creepshow/Season 01/ DELETE Creepshow - [01x06] - Skincrawlers By the Silver Water of Lake Champlain.mkv
/volume1/video/series/Creepshow/Season 01/ CREATE Creepshow - [01x06] - Skincrawlers By the Silver Water of Lake Champlain.mkv
/volume1/video/series/Creepshow/Season 01/ ATTRIB Creepshow - [01x06] - Skincrawlers By the Silver Water of Lake Champlain.mkv
/volume1/video/series/Creepshow/Season 01/ CREATE,ISDIR @eaDir
/volume1/video/series/Creepshow/Season 01/ ATTRIB,ISDIR @eaDir
/volume1/video/series/Creepshow/Season 01/ ATTRIB Creepshow - [01x06] - Skincrawlers By the Silver Water of Lake Champlain.mkv
/volume1/video/series/Creepshow/Season 01/@eaDir/ MODIFY Creepshow - [01x06] - Skincrawlers By the Silver Water of Lake Champlain.mkv@SynoResource
/volume1/video/series/Creepshow/Season 01/@eaDir/ MODIFY Creepshow - [01x06] - Skincrawlers By the Silver Water of Lake Champlain.mkv@SynoResource
/volume1/video/series/Creepshow/Season 01/ MODIFY Creepshow - [01x06] - Skincrawlers By the Silver Water of Lake Champlain.mkv
/volume1/video/series/Creepshow/Season 01/ MODIFY Creepshow - [01x06] - Skincrawlers By the Silver Water of Lake Champlain.mkv
/volume1/video/series/Creepshow/Season 01/@eaDir/ CREATE Creepshow - [01x06] - Skincrawlers By the Silver Water of Lake Champlain.mkv@SynoEAStream
/volume1/video/series/Creepshow/Season 01/@eaDir/ MODIFY Creepshow - [01x06] - Skincrawlers By the Silver Water of Lake Champlain.mkv@SynoEAStream
/volume1/video/series/Creepshow/Season 01/@eaDir/ MODIFY Creepshow - [01x06] - Skincrawlers By the Silver Water of Lake Champlain.mkv@SynoEAStream

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

embyserver.txt

Edited by Findus

Q-Droid

I think you have enough info to show that it's not a DSM problem, inotify is working at the OS level and for the exact same path that Emby is watching.

• 3 weeks later...