Emby Connect Issue

Omahabrownie

Omahabrownie

Just yesterday my sister in law had  trouble connecting to my emby server. When I went over I disconnected it from the server and tried to logon again. The emby software on the firestick gave me a code and when I went online and put in the code it said excepted but there was no responce on the firetv. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and restarting the firetv all with the same issue. I know I can put the info in by hand and it will work but I prefer to use  the connect feature. Does anyone have any idea what may be going on. It has been working for a number of months now and nothing has changed.

Thanks

Dave Brown

2 minutes ago, Omahabrownie said:

and when I went online and put in the code it said excepted but there was no responce on the firetv.

Hi.  Did you press the "Next" button on that screen?

Omahabrownie

Yes I pressed next and after a little wait it goes to a screen that gives me a choice of doing it manually or disconnecting from server. In the past when I put in the code it would go right in and want me to put in the user. To me it seems that it is not getting a responce back from emby connect that the code was used.

Edited by Omahabrownie

36 minutes ago, Omahabrownie said:

it goes to a screen that gives me a choice of doing it manually or disconnecting from server.

Can you show me a picture of that screen?

37 minutes ago, Omahabrownie said:

In the past when I put in the code it would go right in and want me to put in the user.

You should never get a user selection screen when connecting with Connect.  Are you sure that's what it did?

Omahabrownie

Now that I think about it it went right in, it ask for a user when doing it manually. But right now it does not seem to get the ok message when I go online and put the code in because it does nothing but take me back to the manual screen

1 hour ago, Omahabrownie said:

Now that I think about it it went right in, it ask for a user when doing it manually. But right now it does not seem to get the ok message when I go online and put the code in because it does nothing but take me back to the manual screen

Make sure you are pressing the button you think you are.  Also, be sure the Fire TV is running the latest version of the app.  Can you show a picture of the PIN screen on the Fire?

Omahabrownie

I am at present not at the trouble tv. I can do that tomorrow. The fire stick is running the newest. I have waited for the response when the code is entered and when nothing happened I pushed the "next" button which still did not do anything. In the past when you put the code in it and it was excepted the screen on the tv would change and go to the usable emby sever for that user it is not doing that now.   Tomorrow I will post a picture of the screen.

Omahabrownie

Hi I thought I would let you know for future reference that I found out what the trouble was. After thinking about that it was not excepting the connect code, I went and looked on the server and found that for some reason under my sister in laws logon, the connect logon info had been dropped. Once I put the info back in the account it worked fine. I still have no idea why it lost the info.

2 minutes ago, Omahabrownie said:

Hi I thought I would let you know for future reference that I found out what the trouble was. After thinking about that it was not excepting the connect code, I went and looked on the server and found that for some reason under my sister in laws logon, the connect logon info had been dropped. Once I put the info back in the account it worked fine. I still have no idea why it lost the info.

This would happen if you or one of your users deleted the server from the server selection screen while they were logged in. That will also remove it from the Emby Connect account.

3 minutes ago, Omahabrownie said:

OK but I control all of that and I had not done anything on the server for a week or so before this happened.

That's from inside the apps. There's no way to control that and prevent the end users from doing it.

Okay, so where you were ending up was on a server selection screen with no servers to select.

I'll see if I can improve that in the app with some sort of message.

Thanks.

Omahabrownie

Hi, I will try to explain again, when You set up a user you have the emby connect user line you can fill in so you can use emby connect. I have a example below, what had happened was the emby connect username had gone away and I had to put it back in and save before it would work again. Why this would change on the server with out me deleting it and saving it without the username I do not know. The user does not have the right to change anything.

emby.JPG.0c1af770ece3a05d33f864670e8bcd82.JPG

14 hours ago, Omahabrownie said:

Why this would change on the server with out me deleting it and saving it without the username I do not know.

Hi.  As Luke indicated, that will happen if the user uses the "Forget this server" or "Delete" option on that server in one of the apps.  I'm sure that's what happened here.

In the end, the user is able to control which servers he is connected to via Connect.