Emby Installation Error : emby.tmg, invalid app package for security check failed!

radiosaiuz

bigdogbcn
15 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Also, redownload the file to make sure you have the latest. 

If the file you're trying to install is so many days old it won't be able to install

just downloaded it again and it still aint working. :(

• Sad 1

bigdogbcn
On 17/03/2021 at 02:30, Luke said:

We have to use a Samsung tool to package the USB release, and this tool is updated frequently, and that means their rules can change on us anytime. The old version works because they did not have the 30 day policy at the time it was packaged.

where can i download version 1.0.82?

SamES
9 hours ago, SamES said:

Have you tried uninstall any Emby app on the TV, pull the TV from the power, then try installing again?   Also make sure TV date/time is set correctly

Did you try/check this?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
technick90

I have the same issue.

I wanted to update the app (unfortunately I can't remember which earlier version). I also uninstalled the app, otherwise it doesn't work on my TV. And the installation always failed. It only worked with version 1.0.89. The date and time are correct on the TV.

Is there an alternative way to install the app? Why is the app not in the store in Europe?

FrostByte
1 hour ago, technick90 said:

I have the same issue.

I wanted to update the app (unfortunately I can't remember which earlier version). I also uninstalled the app, otherwise it doesn't work on my TV. And the installation always failed. It only worked with version 1.0.89. The date and time are correct on the TV.

What error do you get when you try to install?

Did you download the latest just posted a couple days ago?

Is your TV connected to the Internet?

Did you uninstall from the settings page by clicking the cog wheel in the upper right corner, or did you remove the link from the Home screen?

Is there an alternative way to install the app?

Change the app region of your TV to US or UK

Why is the app not in the store in Europe?

technick90

emby.tmg, invalid app package for security check failed!

Yes, I use latest version und 5 versions beforce. 

In this thread I read someone else succeeded with 1.0.89, I try this version and it works.

Yes, TV ist connected to Internet und I complete uninstall the app. I open Apps, own apps, options, delete und delete emby.

I try to change my region of my TV.

• Like 1

technick90

After changing to UK I can download from appstore.

Now version 1.0.94 is installed.

Can I download 1.0.94, to try install from USB with this stick?

SamES

UE40K5579 FW: T-HKMFKDEUC-1168.2

I think this is 2016 K-series

FrostByte

Thanks.  That would explain the old version since Samsung isn't accepting updates for 2016s anymore.

I used to keep older versions of usb files, but then the time bomb started getting added and they wouldn't do anyone any good as you can't use them after 30 days.

technick90

The current USB version does indeed work on my GU50TU8079 from 2020.

But I still don't understand the time bomb problem. Because version 1.0.89 is older than 30 days and works for me.

I downloaded version 1.0.94 from the github history, but I can't install it either. Although 1.0.94 from the UK Samsung Store still worked.

Can I disable the update notification in the app?

FrostByte

The time limits are a more recent change to Samsung's policy on usb installations and get added by Samsung when compiling on their servers.  If you find and download a version on GitHub which was compiled before this change then it won't expire. 

The time limit is added by Samsung to prevent developers from releasing apps on usb and bypassing them.  Usb is meant for testing only.  Once your app is tested internally and ready you then submit it to Samsung for their testing and inclusion in the store.  The apps in the store do not have this time limit on them and won't disable themselves after 30 days.  

• 1 year later...

Great News! Emby for Samsung has been updated to 1.6.4 for 2021-2023 models !

For 2019-2020 models, coming soon hopefully.