Emby Installation Error : emby.tmg, invalid app package for security check failed!

radiosaiuz

fredericmalo

Hello, latest version didn't work with a Samsung 43MU6105, but previous one is working. 

By the way, I noticed that emby logo is deformed.

Thanks ! Best !

emby logo on Samsun 43MU6105.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
NAVALA00

La versión .85 no ha dado (no da) problemas en las  Samsung Smart TV (Tizen). La versión .86 da muchos problemas. ¿No puede pasarse página y volver a poner la .85 en el sitio de descarga o "re-modificar" la .86?

Sería de agradecer si desaparece el mensaje  de la existencia de una nueva versión de Emby. 

Gracias

• 2 weeks later...
elindred

I'm having this problem with my Samsung 43TU7000, with the emby version downloaded from https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/raw/master/tizen/tizen.zip today. The install log reads the following error:

SES path not found, exit

Some people say they downloaded a version that works but I can't find it here. Can someone please relink it?

17 minutes ago, elindred said:

I'm having this problem with my Samsung 43TU7000, with the emby version downloaded from https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/raw/master/tizen/tizen.zip today. The install log reads the following error:

SES path not found, exit

Some people say they downloaded a version that works but I can't find it here. Can someone please relink it?

That is the version, and the error you're mentioning is something new that we haven't seen before, and will require new investigation.

elindred
1 hour ago, Luke said:

That is the version, and the error you're mentioning is something new that we haven't seen before, and will require new investigation.

Hmm. A google search for that error led me to this thread. I see someone mentioned it on page 2, but nowhere else. 

I'll start a new thread.

3 minutes ago, elindred said:

Hmm. A google search for that error led me to this thread. I see someone mentioned it on page 2, but nowhere else. 

I'll start a new thread.

OK yes one other person:

But they did have the same on-screen error that everyone else saw.

I'm not 100% sure that the "SES error" is related to the app install.

Please confirm you have the USB drive formatted correctly and the files installed like this

elindred
4 hours ago, SamES said:

I'm not 100% sure that the "SES error" is related to the app install.

Please confirm you have the USB drive formatted correctly and the files installed like this

Thanks for weighing in. 

The usb key I used is indeed in fat16. Freshly formatted this morning with no errors.

[user@localhost Downloads]$ sudo fdisk -l /dev/sdc
Disk /dev/sdc: 1.94 GiB, 2062548992 bytes, 4028416 sectors
Disk model: RotoDrive 401B
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
Disklabel type: dos
Disk identifier: 0x2ebdc43a

Device     Boot Start     End Sectors  Size Id Type
/dev/sdc1         128 4024447 4024320  1.9G  6 FAT16
[user@localhost Downloads]$

File structure looks correct.

[user@localhost media]$ sudo mount /dev/sdc1 /mnt/usb
[user@localhost media]$ tree /mnt/usb
/mnt/usb
├── ses-usb-installer.log
└── userwidget
    ├── emby.tmg
    └── widget.license

1 directory, 3 files
[user@localhost media]$

ses log from a fresh install attempt this morning.

[user@localhost media]$ cat /mnt/usb/ses-usb-installer.log
[12-20 10:31:46/589] SES path not found, exit
[user@localhost media]$

TV model: 43TU7000

Software Version: T-KTSU2AKUC-1410.1

Emby version: Latest from https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/raw/master/tizen/tizen.zip

• 3 weeks later...
firegnome

Are there any news on this bug? I can't use emby on my Samsung Frame 65 anymore because of this problem. I can't install the old version because its not valid anymore and the newest version has this "SES path not found, exit" bug. I fear no tizen user can use emby anymore.
I really appreciate your work, thank you for your response!

elindred

I ended up resolving my issue by uninstalling emby and installing the new version. Should have read the instructions more carefully.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, elindred said:

I ended up resolving my issue by uninstalling emby and installing the new version. Should have read the instructions more carefully.

Thanks for the feedback.

Fatlazyone

I have downloaded and installed v87 from 16g USB formatted in Fat16,  onto my samsung TV with no issues at all. V86 in all its various forms continued to give me errors everytime regardless of the size or format on the USB Drive glad i now have a fix thanks to the developers for you efforts.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
juozapynelt30

Hi. Latest tizen.zip from github: emby.tmg, invalid app package for security check failed

I can see, that TV did create some files and folders in thubm drive

TV: samsung UE75MU7000

EDIT: this versionn worked: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/blob/4dcd183500d42c8363a1d828bd6289cb163dce42/tizen/tizen.zip

Edited by juozapynelt30

• 4 weeks later...
smecerb1

Hi.

Last version which worked form me was 1.0.82.

I tried several version in last month ( github) and all of them returned:  emby.tmg, invalid app package for security check failed.

TV: Samsung Q9FN

smecerb1

I always use the latest version from github. I don't know how to get other versions.

I tried several (latest) version from github in last two months and nothing worked...always the same error.

I didn't have this problems until version 1.0.82. It is the last version which I can install (I have it backed up). Also I didn't update TVs firmware for some time because Samsung usually brakes something...

Also I didn't update TVs firmware for some time

Perhaps this is your issue then.

smecerb1

For some time means cca 4 months ago... I was just checking the last available version of firmware and found a lot of complaints because youtube app doesn't work any more in 4K and other yt problems...I'm not going that way...As I said I'm scared of Samsung firmware updates, after update there's no going back...

I found how to download older version of tizen.zip  so I will try if some older version (after 1.0.82) are working.

smecerb1

I tried every version backward and 1.0.89 (15.01.2021) was first which successfully installed.

I need ASS subs - to eliminate subtitle blooming - and ASS subs are working but with some issues. Font size is changed from version 1.0.82 - its subs are 3 times bigger in 1.0.89 (easy to fix) but the size of subs is different for the same font size in 4K vs 1080p. 

1.0.82 works perfectly....I'm sticking to it for now...

serpi
20 hours ago, smecerb1 said:

1.0.82 works perfectly....I'm sticking to it for now...

It's interesting, that such an old version (august or september 2020?) still works, as the devs keep telling, that the nag requester about a new version available (every month) is only, because older versions will stop working...

9 minutes ago, serpi said:

It's interesting, that such an old version (august or september 2020?) still works, as the devs keep telling, that the nag requester about a new version available (every month) is only, because older versions will stop working...

We have to use a Samsung tool to package the USB release, and this tool is updated frequently, and that means their rules can change on us anytime. The old version works because they did not have the 30 day policy at the time it was packaged.

• 2 weeks later...
bigdogbcn

I have samsung 7 ua43nu7090 I cannot get emby to work with usb i have installed it on dozens of other Samsung but i am getting a "emby.tmg, invalid app package for security check failed!"

i have followed this thread and tried lots of suggested download but it wont work! HELP i need my tv fix!

SamES

Have you tried uninstall any Emby app on the TV, pull the TV from the power, then try installing again?   Also make sure TV date/time is set correctly

FrostByte

Also, redownload the file to make sure you have the latest. 

If the file you're trying to install is so many days old it won't be able to install