Update from 4.4.3.0 to 4.5.2.0 problem

dkes

Dear Support,

I can see in Emby Server dashboard that new version is available: 4.5.2.0 (current version: 4.4.3.0; in Synology Package Center: 4.4.3.0-1) and please goto Synology Package Center and update it.

In Synology Package Center I can see that the current version is: 4.4.3.0-1, and the newest available update is: 4.4.3.0-1 (same which is already installed). Therefore I can't make the update. Previously there were not any problem regarding update processes.

Could You please check that in case of Synology packages the newest version is available? Or are there any problems with version 4.5.2.0 on Synology devices and it is the reason why it is not available on Synology devices?

Device: Synology DS218+

Thank You very much.

Best regards,

dkes

I have a DS918+ and Emby version 4.5.2.0 is running fine on my system.  I downloaded and ran from the Emby site.  Like you, my Synology page shows 4.4.3.0-1 as the latest.  Synology is sometimes slow to distribute updates.

15 hours ago, jch said:

I have a DS918+ and Emby version 4.5.2.0 is running fine on my system.  I downloaded and ran from the Emby site.  Like you, my Synology page shows 4.4.3.0-1 as the latest.  Synology is sometimes slow to distribute updates.

Emby Server is not included into Synology Inc. as publisher packages (for example Plex Media Server is included). Emby Server is included in an independent third party community with own URL and certificate: Emby LLC (and there is only one package in this community: Emby Server). Therefore it is not matters how Synology Inc. is slow or not slow because the update process of Emby Server package via Package Center is totally independent from them.

I can see at Emby LLC (as third party community) URL (https://synology.emby.media/😞 "Repository Online!" but there is no newer version that 4.4.3.0-1.

Therefore I would like to interesting that the 4.5.2.0 version will be available via mentioned regular method as it was in past?

15 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, 4.5 is available. Please follow the install instructions on our website. Thanks.

Thank You for Your answer. Could You please help me regarding question above?

Hi @dkes, we're working to get into the official Synology repository, so once that is done, then you can use that method if you want the easiest possible way.

So I think ultimately the two choices of install methods will be either the official repository, or our downloadable spk's. Keeping the old repository around will result in three choices of installation methods which I think would just be too much.