Possible transcoding issue on DS216j + NVidia Shield TV 2017

bouncerk

bouncerk

I'm using Emby Server on my Synology NAS (DS 216j) and play in nVidia Shield TV (2017 version) for couple of years now. It used to be with no issues. But I have recently upgraded my drives in the NAS and I had to reinstall everything - so i have newer version of Emby Server. Since then, I cannot play videos fluently in the built-in Emby player on the Shield TV. It looks like it is transcoding since my NAS has 99% CPU and therefore the video is lagging like every 5 seconds. If I use external player (MX Player), everything is fine (no increase in NAS CPU, no lagging), but I would prefer the built-in Emby player since I do not need to confirm next video (autoplay) like in case of MX Player. Do you know if there is some setting that will allow the internal player not to transcode especially while this is not needed - Shield TV is much better in playing videos then my old NAS?

Edit:
The transcoding is indeed there and the reason is that the build-in player cannot play MPEG4 (right?) - see below. But my NAS is not powerful enough to do the transcoding from mpeg4 to h.264. It used to be fine, not sure why. Is there a way how to use direct pay for MPEG4 in the build-in player?

Transcoding (10 fps)
1.2 Mbps H264 MP3
MPEG4
Software
to 
H.264 (AVC)
Software
Edited by bouncerk

bouncerk

To add details:
The transcoding is indeed there and the reason is that the build-in player cannot play MPEG4 (right?):

Transcoding (10 fps)
1.2 Mbps H264 MP3
MPEG4
Software
to 
H.264 (AVC)
Software

Hi, our standard Android app has an updated video player and can direct play this:

It has a TV friendly user interface and can run on the shield.

bouncerk
On 11/2/2020 at 11:07 AM, Luke said:

Hi, our standard Android app has an updated video player and can direct play this:

It has a TV friendly user interface and can run on the shield.

I have tried this and works great. Direct play for all my problematic files in Android TV app. However, I have a question about the unlocking - I do not really need Emby Premiere, I will not use any of the great functionalities, so it would be too expensive for my use. For the Android TV app I just unlocked it and it was fine. Now, the Android app offers only Premiere subscription, no unlock. What should I do? I'm willing to pay for another unlock (although it would be same device unlocked twice), but I'm not interested in monthly subscription. I'm pretty much running there only couple of children shows from my NAS. @ebr