Emby sound gone

Guest kovibalko

Guest kovibalko

Hi there. Maybe you can help with the following: a few months ago, the sound went out about every 10-15 minutes in two films (I rewound it back - but every 10 minutes again all the way through), it's been a good few months since then, but yesterday's film also made this mistake . I played it directly from the Emby app, but I also tried it over a network (see attached image) with the tv's own player, but the sound is gone in every method)

In each case, the error occurred, i.e. the sound went unexpectedly every 10-15 minutes (I used to play the same movies from a usb winchester and there was no such problem there)
I listen to the sound of the television on the 5.1 home cinema, as well as on youtube - there is never such a problem (Denon AVRX1600 - Klipsch reference theater pack speakers)
I guess the sound may go away due to the Streaming error .....
Idea maybe :)

Thx

20200911_220430.jpg

Edited by kovibalko

So if it's also a problem over DLNA using the TV's internal player then it could be a server or network issue.  Not a client issue.

When you test this, can you check the server and determine if the file is DirectPlaying or Transcoding?  Are there any ffmpeg logs created?

If it is DirectStream or Transcode, then it could be issues during trancode/conversion.  We would need to check the logs.

Alternatively, you could be having network issues.  Are you using a wired or wireless network connection to the TV?  Have you tried rebooting your router?

Guest kovibalko

Yes, it also happened on the TV's internal player.
Now it reminds me that the router needs to be restarted quite a few times before it was a network problem for almost a day - there was no internet.
I watched the movie afterwards and the problem occurred. He played Directplay in Emby.
Both the tv and the emby server notebook are connected to the router wired (due to another image error I also tried WIFIs solution for your advice - however, in this case I was stuck, the application responded slowly when rewinding and loading a movie) on the wire is much more stable.
It is possible that there was a network problem then.
hopefully the movies won’t be a problem in the near future because it’s extremely confusing.
Thank you very much for your answers

Guest kovibalko

Hi!

Today evening movie is: Anthropoid.2016.CUSTOM.REPACK.1080p.BluRay.DTS.x264.HuN          with stereo sound

the sound went out about every 5-10 minutes, if I rewind the movie, the sound will come back, but it's simply unenjoyable here is the movie watching, I attached the generated log files

hardware_detection-63740206390.txt

embyserver.txt

embyserver (1).txt ffmpeg-transcode-979c7886-3684-41fb-8d90-72d50dc76a2f_1.txt hardware_detection-63740206390 (1).txt

Edited by kovibalko
upload new log files

rbjtech

22:01:47.373   Stream #0:0 (hevc) -> scale (graph 0)
22:01:47.373   format (graph 0) -> Stream #0:0 (libx264)
22:01:47.373   Stream #0:12 -> #0:1 (ac3 (native) -> aac (native))
22:01:47.373   Stream #0:1 -> #0:2 (truehd (native) -> aac (native))
22:01:47.373   Stream #0:2 -> #0:3 (ac3 (native) -> aac (native))
22:01:47.373   Stream #0:3 -> #0:4 (ac3 (native) -> aac (native))

I'm not understanding why your transcoding log appears to be transcoding ALL the Audio streams ... usually, it just transcodes the stream that you are listening to ..

Also, other than DTS (on newer LG's), it should not be transcoding AC3 anyway ..

Edited by rbjtech

6 hours ago, rbjtech said:

22:01:47.373   Stream #0:0 (hevc) -> scale (graph 0)
22:01:47.373   format (graph 0) -> Stream #0:0 (libx264)
22:01:47.373   Stream #0:12 -> #0:1 (ac3 (native) -> aac (native))
22:01:47.373   Stream #0:1 -> #0:2 (truehd (native) -> aac (native))
22:01:47.373   Stream #0:2 -> #0:3 (ac3 (native) -> aac (native))
22:01:47.373   Stream #0:3 -> #0:4 (ac3 (native) -> aac (native))

I'm not understanding why your transcoding log appears to be transcoding ALL the Audio streams ... usually, it just transcodes the stream that you are listening to ..

Also, other than DTS (on newer LG's), it should not be transcoding AC3 anyway ..

That's a log from either the convert or download feature, which will preserve all audio tracks.

• Thanks 1

Guest kovibalko

I'm starting to get totally confused :)
This is a pc emby application log file, what should i send and where can i find it :)?

Edited by kovibalko

2 minutes ago, kovibalko said:

I'm starting to get totally confused :)
This is a pc emby application log file, what should i send and where can i find it :)?

The playback in the log file is from when you played on your PC in the chrome browser. Is that what we're talking about here? The original post is about the LG app.

Guest kovibalko

if i play from a tv app and if i play it from a pc projected, the sound goes away in each case

Edited by kovibalko

Guest kovibalko

unfortunately as I can see now no, I played the Swordfish movie from TV early last night eg 35-40 minutes and there was no problem, then the Anthropoid movie came and went every 5-10 minutes and then as a rehearsal (which I also wrote) again later I started playing the swordfish and the sound went away again.

Edited by kovibalko

rbjtech

Can you expand on what you mean by 'sound went away' ?  Does the video still play ok, but just the sound disappears ?

Video and Sound are multiplexed in the same stream - so I find it very odd that sound would 'stop' but the video keeps playing - unless a) there is an issue with the original sound in the source video file or b) there is something wrong with your TV/Receiver that is causing the sound to drop (maybe a 'signal issue').

Guest kovibalko

The image of the movie goes on in the same way, only the sound disappears (comes back immediately when you jump forward or backward)
i don't think there was a mistake in the video files. And it's interesting that it's only for digital signals, I watch tv, youtube content on multichannel stereo (pcm) it never happens there

rbjtech

Hmm - this is a really odd one.

I know you have sent above - but can you send fresh logs from a playback session (where it happens) when using the Emby LG App ?

Also playback that same video from a USB stick using the LG TV's built in media player to see if it does the same thing.

• 1 month later...
Guest kovibalko

(Denon AVR X1600 new, LG Uj701V tv, delock 4k hdmi cable, Lenovo Legion y520 server) last week the sound problem arose again he comes back and then goes away again after a while - about 10 times during a movie. at the beginning of the movie the soundtrack is 6 channel to 5.1 dolby sound on the fly. Then I unplugged the tv and amplifier as well, reconnected the hdmi cable, and restarted the app on the tv and server as well. playing on an external winchester I didn't encounter the sound problem, of course understandably, I don't really watch a movie like that, thanks to Emby.there has been no such problem since. may my amplifier not like me bouncing between audio tracks during movie playback? can this confuse him? - sorry that this topic has been dragging on so far, but I'm trying to figure it out - and the Hungarian facebook groups haven't been able to help either.

• 3 months later...
Guest kovibalko

It’s an eternal problem that the sound still goes away, the film goes silent, but the picture goes on (coming back or forward) someone would look at the attached diary files to see if they see anything telling in it - it happened about 3 times in the movie Mulan yesterdaembyserver.txty , the sound stopped suddenly. One of these happened at 20:35-36, does anyone see an anomaly?) Thx

2 hours ago, kovibalko said:

It’s an eternal problem that the sound still goes away, the film goes silent, but the picture goes on (coming back or forward) someone would look at the attached diary files to see if they see anything telling in it - it happened about 3 times in the movie Mulan yesterdaembyserver.txty , the sound stopped suddenly. One of these happened at 20:35-36, does anyone see an anomaly?) Thx

Hi, was it direct playing?

Guest kovibalko

Hello! Yes, and as you can read in the background, the problem remained the same. :( See something in this diary?

rbjtech

Have you tried removing all the unnecessary plugins - DLNA, port mapper etc.  

In the logs there is a lot of DLNA and portMapper 'noise' - so worth disabling those if they are not in use.

One2Go

Don't know if this is the correct thread as I posted the following in the Hardware forum, but I am finally up to chasing this audio problem down. Please let me know If I should start a separate thread or continue here. This is the post from the Hardware forum.

Well looks like someone else perhaps has this sound problem also and this made me post my situation. Mine drops out for the fraction of a second and when I rewind it doesn't drop out but again perhaps 10 to 20 minutes later again a fraction of a second sound drop out.

Tried to narrow this down. 1st my setup is QNAP NAS with latest Emby server stream to Roku via hardwired network connection, which passes the sound directly to my Denon AVR receiver. To narrow this down I tried episodes from the Expanse. Audio drop out when streaming from the server, NO audio drop out when streaming from Amazon Prime app. This eliminates everything from the Roku to the Denon AVR.

NEXT no audio drop out when the audio codec is AAC, also no audio drop out with DTS as far as I can tell, therefore audio drop out noticed with DDP5.1 from AMZN. In addition for some isolated files the AVR showed 4 channels when it should be only 2.

My conclusion it either has to do something with ffmpeg or some other EMBY internals.

Any idea how to replace the ffmpeg programs with newer versions or a reinstalling of the ffmpeg parts?