MBC: View music by folder structure

quindarious
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

quindarious

I have a large music collection (600+GB) that is exhaustively organised with the following folder structure:

ARTIST NAME - ALBUM NAME\Album Track Name.mp3

I would like to view my music in MBC in the same way, listed by folder structure.

The only way I can see to do this would be to edit the metadata in thousands of folders to make sure the "sort by" field was the same as the Folder Name.

Can anyone suggest a simpler way to do this? I'm sure I'm missing something basic?

edit: spolling

Edited by quindarious

What is before the "album name - artist name" folder?

Where did you point your media location on the server?

How does it show up now?

Your structure is not really one we support right now as we are expecting artist/album/song.xx.  You could have organization above the "artist" in that layout but yours is very non-standard.

quindarious

The folders are all located in the root of a dedicated music drive.

At the moment, MBC displays the music by Album. All I want is to be able to view my collection by Artist so that when browsing, all the albums by each artist are together.

• Solution

If you want to be able to browse by artist, I believe you will need to structure it that way as indicated in our supported structure for music.

• Like 1

quindarious

Just a quick update for anyone interested. I reorganised the 600+GB of folders (took about 10 seconds with a batch file) as per EBR's suggestion and not only does my collection look a lot cleaner, it also works in MBC :)

Thanks again.