Android TV ... Shadow option for Subtitles

K1ng_Lear

K1ng_Lear

Hi,

can we have the fabulous shadows as option for subtitles in this magnific app, too?

I prefer the yellow subtitle style and in the case of a bright or white background it's a little bit hard to read. The shadows would be generate are small dark frame around every single letter to improve the readability. So would it be possible to avoid a full background for the sub and get a better readability at the same time.

Thx for consideration.

K1ng_Lear
2 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  The font is already outlined in black...

Hi ebr,

after your post, I checke the immediately and you're right there is really a outline. Unfortunately is this outline so thin that it only makes a different when I stand 20 cm in front of my TV 🥺, then, and only then, can I recognize the one pixel thin outline. So I still think that it would be nice to get the drop shadow as option or a little bit more thicker outline. I think my last suggestion is more difficult to do, isn't it. 😉

22 minutes ago, K1ng_Lear said:

I think my last suggestion is more difficult to do, isn't it.

It is just that it is redundant (and less good looking IMO) than the outline.  I don't know that we have control over the thickness of the outline.  What happens if you reduce the brightness setting on them?  Does that help?

K1ng_Lear
1 hour ago, ebr said:

It is just that it is redundant (and less good looking IMO) than the outline.  I don't know that we have control over the thickness of the outline.  What happens if you reduce the brightness setting on them?  Does that help?

Hi,

I tried all brightness settings and eventually I ended with the medium one. It did help a bit but, as I told, in front of bright backgrounds it still hard to read.

Recently I discovered the shadow option in the mobile app and was totally excited about it. 

• Agree 1

• 11 months later...
INITIATIVE
On 11/2/2020 at 3:52 AM, K1ng_Lear said:

Hi,

I tried all brightness settings and eventually I ended with the medium one. It did help a bit but, as I told, in front of bright backgrounds it still hard to read.

Recently I discovered the shadow option in the mobile app and was totally excited about it. 

same experience. hopefully there's a way to adjust the thickness of the outline. I ended up adding background to the subtitle (looks bad but easier to read)

• Thanks 1

Glassertje

I wanna ask the same thing, or maybe an option for bold subtitles.

I have diabetes and sometimes my vision is really a problem (especially in the evening ), becourse of that. If i watch something via Emby, i can't read the subtitle. I just tried Emby sins 2 week. I'm normally was a Plex user. I had the same problem, so i was using Plexkodiconnect, and i was using kodi, becourse i can see the subtitles. So, a bit more options would be very welcome.

9 hours ago, Glassertje said:

I wanna ask the same thing, or maybe an option for bold subtitles.

I have diabetes and sometimes my vision is really a problem (especially in the evening ), becourse of that. If i watch something via Emby, i can't read the subtitle. I just tried Emby sins 2 week. I'm normally was a Plex user. I had the same problem, so i was using Plexkodiconnect, and i was using kodi, becourse i can see the subtitles. So, a bit more options would be very welcome.

HI there, yes expect more options in future updates. thanks for the feedback.

• Thanks 1