Can't connect to Apps since replacing wireless router

23Drummer
Go to solution Solved by sooty234,

23Drummer

I replaced my wirless router today and I can't connect to the Emby app for Roku, Amazon Fire Stick, Android, or Samsing tv. What do I need to do? I know it has something to do with the new router but I don't know what. I followed all of the onscreen suggestions in these apps by putting in the ip address but it will not connect please help!!!

Edited by 23Drummer

GrimReaper
12 hours ago, 23Drummer said:

I replaced my wirless router today and I can't connect to the Emby app for Roku, Amazon Fire Stick, Android, or Samsing tv. What do I need to do? I know it has something to do with the new router but I don't know what. I followed all of the onscreen suggestions in these apps by putting in the ip address but it will not connect please help!!!

That is really not enough info to go on. 🤔 You'll have to be a bit more specific... 

pwhodges

Have you put into each device the new SSID and password for wireless connection to the new router?

Paul

• Solution
sooty234

I'm assuming you mean the apps aren't connecting to the server? The IP probably changed. Reboot the server machine.

23Drummer
3 hours ago, sooty234 said:

I'm assuming you mean the apps aren't connecting to the server? The IP probably changed. Reboot the server machine.

This morning I rebooted my computer before seeing this post and everything is back to normal. That was the fix. Thanks everyone.

• Like 1