Live TV on Android TV version on Shield

abdulhaque
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

abdulhaque

Hi there. I have an m3u file. How do I add a live tv playlist or iptv log in details to Emby Android Tv on an Nvidia shield. Thanks

• Solution
20 minutes ago, abdulhaque said:

Hi there. I have an m3u file. How do I add a live tv playlist or iptv log in details to Emby Android Tv on an Nvidia shield. Thanks

Hi,

You wouldn't add the m3u file to the client app but to the Live TV section of Emby Server.
https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001160415-live-tv-setup
https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001848795-m3u-tuners

One you've added the m3u file to your Emby server it's available to use in many Emby apps or even from a web browser.

Let us know what additional questions you might have are.

Racquel7

Quick question to luke since android tv support drm channels is possible for emby to import those channel with a option to enable and will it work since HDHomeRun and live channels app works. Just wondering if this is possible via emby.

2 minutes ago, Racquel7 said:

Quick question to luke since android tv support drm channels is possible for emby to import those channel with a option to enable and will it work since HDHomeRun and live channels app works. Just wondering if this is possible via emby.

Are you sure it's android supporting them? I think it's HDHomerun providing that.

Racquel7

Doesn’t work on firetv only androidtv platform. Shield,TiVo the new chromcast really don’t know at what level but maybe it’s something you could look into.

17 hours ago, Racquel7 said:

since HDHomeRun and live channels app works

Hi.  Exactly what DRM channels are you receiving that way?

23 hours ago, Racquel7 said:

Hi, Unfortunately because of the way DRM works this isn't possible in Emby.
Right now your best bet for DRM content is to record these channels in Silicon Dust's DVR which would then allow playback on some limited clients on your LAN.  Live Channels could also be used but playback will be limited to that device but if you reset the device all DRM content is lost.

Edited by cayars

bdreams72

Ok thanks for the update figure something could have been done via api level.

install the beta firmware for your Shield? Those are not signed or certified by Google and many DRM problems will arise (like Disney+ won't work in addition to HDHR app DRM won't work). Took this from HDHomeRun site does this mean anything where emby is concern

Edited by bdreams72