Emby Server Check Folder Permissions - Error alert

runtimesandbox

runtimesandbox

I recently rebuilt my emby server and as part of this changed the default folder locations for transcoding cache amongst other things. 

I restored a backup that had these paths configured (and they are the same on this new host) but unknown to me the folder permissions were wrong. Emby was able to start but ran painful slow and I kept get the "Check for application updates failed" error. It took me a while but I eventually figured out the folder permissions were wrong and emby could not access the new transcoding folder.

I know there is a permissions check for when you change this folder through the GUI and it alerts you if emby doesn't have the right permissions, could we get an alert to show in the dashboard as a secondary check for this circumstance (ie a backup / restore has been done) so that we don't spend ages hunting down a silly issue.

:) 

Edited by runtimesandbox
  • Like 2

HI, yes we can look at improving this. Can you please attach the emby server log? I'd like to see specifically  what areas had the most trouble. Thanks.

runtimesandbox

Have PM'd you the logs from that day. The folder that the permissions were wrong for was /mnt/data/emby. This doesn't appear in the logs but there is a lot of "Error LibraryMonitor: Error watching path:" errors

Ok the library monitor ones are nothing to worry about. The server will handle it just fine and continue onward.

GWTPqZp6b

+1 for this, I literally stumbled on the same error in migrating to a dockerised setup. Sorry I didn't keep the logs, I just put this down to user error. 

29 minutes ago, GWTPqZp6b said:

+1 for this, I literally stumbled on the same error in migrating to a dockerised setup. Sorry I didn't keep the logs, I just put this down to user error. 

Thanks for the feedback.