Raspberry Pi Debian / Emby Theatre image not working

ScottBouch

ScottBouch

Hi all,

(I think I previously placed this question in the wrong place, so making a new topic to ask it).

Newbie to EMBY here, just progressing over form PLEX. (really impressed so far with Emby, much more control offered than with Plex, currently running both on an Ubuntu server while I transition).

I have a Raspberry Pi 3 in use for my home cinema room projector, that used to run RasPlex client player, but sadly this is now depreciated / un-supported, hence one of my reasons for the move to Emby.

I downloaded the Raspberry Pi zip file to my Linux Mint PC, burnt the .iso to the Pi's memory card, and started it up (connected by Ethernet). Link here: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/emby-theater-electron/releases/download/3.0.12/emby-theater-rpi_3.0.12.zip

Problem:

It did not launch into Emby theatre as expected, instead I get the Debian10 login screen, with no idea on where to find the default username and password - ie: I'm now a bit suck..

Any guidance on how to find the Debian10 username and password for this image would be greatly appreciated, then I can launch the ET app.

Cheers, Scott.

ScottBouch

Sorry - My bad!  I have fixed the issue.... I was trying to install the RPI 3 image on a RPI 1 B+. When these little computers are inside cases you can't tell which model it is. I'm now using a RPI 3.

Emby Theatre now works on this Pi, however I was surprised to not be able to play any films without an Emby Premiere account... Bummer, what a colossal waste of time and effort that was.

To answer the original question, username is "pi" and password is "raspberry".

We work very hard on Emby and we thank you for your support.