Collection/Playlist Enhancements

miniliQuid

miniliQuid

Thought there was already a topic about this, but I am unable to find the one I meant.
I did find some that discuss parts of what I am going to suggest though.
My personal preference would go to playlist so I will focus on that, though if it would go towards collections instead, that's also fine with me.

At this moment I seem to be unable to get my playlist the way I want it, though I may be overlooking certain settings or things I am simply doing wrong.

1. Make it so playlists are account bound rather than server wide
2. Enable the admin to create a playlist that is available for everyone (server wide) simply by pressing a specific button/box within the playlist
3. Serverwide playlists should only be adjustable by admins (which items are added/removed and moving them in order)
4. A button for the playlist section in movies and series (see attached picture). Right now it is available for audio libraries, but not for movies and series libraries :(

Personally I don't like having a clutter of playlists that have been made by other accounts showing up in my account.

On top of that, all those playlists can be deleted and changed by anyone that finds them, which is also pretty bad.
Some of this also applies to collections I believe? Which means people can simply delete collections made by others.

More importantly making collections should be restricted to admins in my opinion, playlists can be made by anyone.

And my final reason for the 4 adjustments is that I have playlists disabled as a library on my account (since I hardly ever use them and don't want the library showing up on my homepage).

However this means there is no way to reach them (besides finding one of the movies/shows in the playlist).
For music playlists you can simply go to the correct music/audio library and click the playlist section on top.
Movies and shows however don't show in the music/audio libraries playlist section, and as shown in the picture below, there is no such section in the movie and series libraries themselves.

I feel playlists and collections therefor need some improvements.
This would also help with all the star wars/star trek/harry potter/MCU/DCU/etc. playlists or collections people want to create where they are in viewing order.
Personally I believe a global playlist would be best, but the way the settings are right now, that could get messed up easily.
Collections could also work, but would need a custom order option (or viewing order option) rather than by year (or at least I think it goes by the years).

emby playlists.jpg

Edited by miniliQuid
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
heciruam

Hi,

I would like to add that playlists show up in "included in" in a TV show the way it does for movies even if only one episode of the TV show is part of that playlist.

Also I would like the option to hide Playlists in the Playlists section. These Playlists would become availabe when I click on "play all" in a TV Show or from a Collection, so I get to choose the playlist name which could be "airing order", "chronological order", "franchise airing order", "franchise chronological order"  and so on). Obviously for this to make sense, the other Request for Playlists showing up in "Continue watching" also needs to be implemented.
Maybe this option having a toggle to choose which playlists would show up (hidden/not hidden). Also being able to control the order in which they appear/are listed would be great as well. I guess that could be done with sort tite though.

Cheers.

Edited by heciruam