Android TV Halloween theme ...

nyplayer

nyplayer

I really like the Halloween them goes great with the Gold trim around my TV ? Can I keep it minus the Ghostly Screams after Halloween.

nyplayer
33 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Yes, you can.  You can select it in the app settings.

Where do I turn off the Howl ....

14 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

Would be nice if the progress bar  wasn't still green though...

Ha only just noticed that

13 minutes ago, nyplayer said:

Where do I turn off the Howl ....

It will go away when it isn't actually Halloween (time).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ebr said:

It will go away when it isn't actually Halloween (time).

@ebr any chance we could have a SERVER option to control the time span of when the themes start/end.  For example I may want a Christmas theme 3 weeks before Christmas for EVERYONE using my system and 1 week after the holiday.

OR better yet expose all themes on the server and allow the admin to set the theme used for all clients. :)

14 hours ago, cayars said:

@ebr any chance we could have a SERVER option to control the time span of when the themes start/end.  For example I may want a Christmas theme 3 weeks before Christmas for EVERYONE using my system and 1 week after the holiday.

OR better yet expose all themes on the server and allow the admin to set the theme used for all clients. :)

Those are great ideas but are they really the best use of our resources...?

44 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

oh this annual topic yet again? 🤣

Yeah, and this is why the feature was actually not re-implemented on some platforms.  Because, for the limited time it is actually relevant, it creates as many issues as it does positive impact.  This is just meant to be a "fun" thing that happens at these times.

FrostByte

Part of the confusion is that ATV thinks it's Halloween and started, whereas ET says it's only the 29th so hasn't automatically started up yet. 

CBers
33 minutes ago, ebr said:

Yeah, and this is why the feature was actually not re-implemented on some platforms.  Because, for the limited time it is actually relevant, it creates as many issues as it does positive impact.  This is just meant to be a "fun" thing that happens at these times.

So for next year (2021), can we have an option in the server to dictate how early the "seasonal themes" can start then please. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CBers said:

So for next year (2021), can we have an option in the server to dictate how early the "seasonal themes" can start then please. 

That's a great idea for a new feature request topic.

• Sad 1

CBers
Just now, Luke said:

That's a great idea for a new feature request topic.

So based on how quickly you implement current FRs, we can expect this in time for the seasonal holidays around Halloween 2024 then 🤔

• Haha 2

Spaceboy
1 hour ago, ebr said:

or, and i know this is an out there idea, you could just have fixed it when it was first raised rather than constantly telling people who arent getting the fun to just enjoy the fun that everyone else is having.

its only working for me now because i reinstalled emby over the summer

• Like 1

vdatanet
2 hours ago, CBers said:

So based on how quickly you implement current FRs, we can expect this in time for the seasonal holidays around Halloween 2024 then 🤔

You are very optimistic!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

or, and i know this is an out there idea, you could just have fixed it when it was first raised rather than constantly telling people who arent getting the fun to just enjoy the fun that everyone else is having.

its only working for me now because i reinstalled emby over the summer

We have limited resources.  We try to spend a little of them on something "fun" but instead have to waste a bunch of time on people complaining about it.

Takes the fun right out of it and makes us want to just not even bother.

3 hours ago, ebr said:

We have limited resources.  We try to spend a little of them on something "fun" but instead have to waste a bunch of time on people complaining about it.

Takes the fun right out of it and makes us want to just not even bother.

ebr 

That's very nice, nonetheless It would be highly advisable to do this as an option of choice and not automatically for everyone

Not everyone is suitable or some people do not even want this . 

In general I think these functions should be as a choice by every user, you understand? 

Edited by eldar1

Happy2Play
9 minutes ago, eldar1 said:

ebr 

That's very nice, nonetheless It would be highly advisable to do this as an option of choice and not automatically for everyone

Not everyone is suitable or some people do not even want this . 

In general I think these functions should be as a choice by every user, you understand? 

Users have this option.  Not positive if a global or per device option.

Allow automatic seasonal themes
If enabled, seasonal themes will occasionally override your theme setting

15 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Users have this option.  Not positive if a global or per device option.

Allow automatic seasonal themes
If enabled, seasonal themes will occasionally override your theme setting

Yes, the option exists.  It is per app.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2020 at 2:34 PM, arrbee99 said:

Would be nice if the progress bar  wasn't still green though...

Yes, the green progress bar and the gold highlight don't look good together