Is it also possible to make a theme for the webapp?

Milofow

Hi,

Since a couple of days I'm thinking about starting to mess around with the css for the web app of emby. Until I bumped into this ghithub: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/emby-web-defaultskin. My first question is, is this about emby theater? and if so what do they mean by installing a plugin through url, because I couldn't find it. Second question is is It possible to also make a theme for the webapp or maybe another app(IOS)? Or is my only option to change the css inside the settings?

Thanks in advance :)

Happy2Play

It is obsolete.  It was back when theater was rather new.  Now every thing is based off client/app uniformity.

As for custom css it only applies to the web client, not online client or any other app.

2 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

It is obsolete.  It was back when theater was rather new.  Now every thing is based off client/app uniformity.

As for custom css it only applies to the web client, not online client or any other app.

I dived in changing the web app, but whatever I change inside de language.json file it doesn't seem to affect the content on the web app. I mean these files: root\usr\local\lib\emby-server\system\dashboard-ui\bower_components\emby-webcomponents\strings

I just use a browser on my PC or phone to access Emby. I made a PWA on my PC and a full screen Home shortcut on my phone.  As both are browser-based, they use CSS and your themes will work.

PenkethBoy

this is fiddly and i will just give you the outline as i did this a few months back as a test and i might be missing a step or two

but the current browser themes are in 

..\dashboard-ui\modules\themes - which shows a list of sub dirs by theme name - each contain a theme.css and a theme.json

both of which you can modify

also in the modules directory you have skinmanager.js

within this you can modify a few things to change themes

also if you want to add your own theme then copy a theme folder - rename it to something else "mytheme" say

then add that to the js file

boot up emby and you will see it listed along with the others

you might need to flush the cache - cant remember

also you will have to do this on every server update and its only for the browser

Note: Luke has a habit of changing things in these and other files on a whim as he has just done as a result of the new search page so be prepared for your changes to stop working at some point and have to figure out what changed :)

Have fun

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, kaj said:

I just use a browser on my PC or phone to access Emby. I made a PWA on my PC and a full screen Home shortcut on my phone.  As both are browser-based, they use CSS and your themes will work.

14 hours ago, PenkethBoy said:

this is fiddly and i will just give you the outline as i did this a few months back as a test and i might be missing a step or two

but the current browser themes are in 

..\dashboard-ui\modules\themes - which shows a list of sub dirs by theme name - each contain a theme.css and a theme.json

both of which you can modify

also in the modules directory you have skinmanager.js

within this you can modify a few things to change themes

also if you want to add your own theme then copy a theme folder - rename it to something else "mytheme" say

then add that to the js file

boot up emby and you will see it listed along with the others

you might need to flush the cache - cant remember

also you will have to do this on every server update and its only for the browser

Note: Luke has a habit of changing things in these and other files on a whim as he has just done as a result of the new search page so be prepared for your changes to stop working at some point and have to figure out what changed :)

Have fun

Thank you guys for the tips, I will dive into it and hopefully figure it out

Edited by Milofow

• 3 years later...
Untoten
On 10/28/2020 at 3:41 AM, Milofow said:

Thank you guys for the tips, I will dive into it and hopefully figure it out

Did you? haha