Auto play next episode - device specific option

vdatanet

vdatanet

Hi,

I mainly use two devices, one in my living room and one in my bedroom. In the living room I have "Automatically play next episode" activated and in my bedroom I don't want it to be activated (in case I fall asleep). But when I change that option on one device, it also changes on the other. Is it by design?

Thanks!

vdatanet

The setting is taken from here, changing value on Apple TV, it also changes here:

2079333517_Capturadepantalla2020-10-27alas13_58_12.png.426053cc44fe34001b09f9401a9553e1.png

vdatanet
Just now, Luke said:

Hi, yes it is by design.

This does not make sense, why do you think this option should be common for all user devices? Users should be able to choose on each device if they want to auto queue episodes or not.

vdatanet

The converse of that would be why should a user have to turn this on on every single device they use.  There really isn't a "right" answer here and trying to make it optional would just be even more complex and hard for a user to understand what to expect.  So, we go with the simplest approach that probably catches the most scenarios.

Well it's fine, I accept it, as long as they implement "Are you still watching?" in Apple TV app. 😀

Edited by vdatanet

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2020 at 3:11 PM, vdatanet said:

Well it's fine, I accept it, as long as they implement "Are you still watching?" in Apple TV app. 😀

@vdatanet -- It's on the backlog of things to do I just haven't gotten there yet :)