Question about metadata settings

scf

I'm trying to get primary images preferentially from The Open Movie Database. I have it first in the list, ahead of TheMovieDb (see attached). However, even though there are  images listed un TOMD, Emby always gets them from TMDB. I can see the images in TOMD when I use "Edit Images" and search for alternate images, so it's not like Emby can't find them at TOMD.

How do I fix this?

Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 12.05.11 AM.png

Happy2Play

The image display via Edit image for OMDB is not always available via their api.  The json file we get for them I believe is a online cached image. 

Can you post the server log with a specific example.

Will try to find the other topic on this issue.

I think this is the relevant part of the log. This is from doing a "Refresh Metadata" command from the pop-up menu on the specific item and checking "Replace existing images".

Note that this is after I removed TMDB from the search list; no image was placed in the database, although the prior TMDB image still appears (cached? embedded?). There are valid OMDB images. 

embyserver-2.txt

I was expecting to get the OMDB image (attached). 

I have TMDB unchecked, but I keep getting the TMDB imagery for the poster. 

My mistake about not getting any imagery; in my TV libraries I had the "Put artwork into media library" option checked but not in Movies. Now I have it checked for both, and am getting artwork in the media directories--but it's all from TMDB, even through I have TMDB unchecked, OMDB checked, and OMDB first the priority order. 

113521873_3-10toYuma(2007)-poster.jpg.0646fce259527c7322bc1ae6bc48c85b.jpg

Because OMDB doesn't have that image. 

When I use "Edit Images" on that movie, and search for alternate Primary images, here's what shows up:

372436710_ScreenShot2020-10-31at12_06_09PM.thumb.png.3cf47da99e706f801cf43ebbc0d77781.png

The only OMDB image is the one with the extra text, at the end of the list. When I used "Replace Metadata" with "Replace existing Images" checked, I get the first TMDB image every time, even when I have TMDB unchecked and OMDB checked in the search criteria in Settings. I verified which image by looking at the resolution of the image that shows up.

I may see the confusion; in the post I put up Monday, I said:

I was expecting to get the OMDB image (attached). 

The image attached to that post is the OMDB image. I only get that image by manually selecting it when using Edit Images. I can never get it using Replace Metadata.

Happy2Play

You are showing us screenshots of Metadata downloader order not Image fetcher order.  So that screenshot would be irrelevant for what image is downloaded.  Can you post your image fetcher order.

Note you have to enable "Show Advanced Setting" on the library to see the additional options.

Edited by Happy2Play

Oh FFS. Ok. That works.

May I suggest that having separate settings like that, one hidden in an separate area, is not good user interface design?