User selection Screen

rodainas

rodainas

I have access to a remote emby server, I want to get a selection screen before entering the server, I know that the admin can uncheck Hide this user from login screens when connected remotely, but unchecking that option to other remote users will show those other users on my user selection screen (doesnt make much sense because those are people that I dont know or dont live in my house).

I think it would be better to give the option to create (client side) local users, so my family can access the server with their own users through my master user (something like the managed users with plex), and in the case of unchecking the  Hide this user from login screens when connected remotely (Server side admin option), give the client the option to hide the other remote users that are unhidden, because with remote servers not all the users live on the same house.

Edited by rodainas

Hi, it seems like it would make the login process more complicated but more options are possible for the future if there's enough demand for it.

Happy2Play

Does that not make played status a nightmare, or would all these attached users just destroy the master account?