Emby Theater won't connect locally

DHos

Running WIn 10 x64.  Have latest Emby server installed and running.  Can't get Emby Theater to connect to the server. I am installing Theater on the same machine running the server. I have Theater running on other devices seemingly working fine.  But, on the local machine it will not connect to the server. I did try to go via Emby Connect, got the pin, entered it online, got a pin accepted message but still can't connect. I tried shutting off the firewall and what-not with no joy. Any ideas?  Oh, this is Emby Theater from the Windows store.

I tried the the non-Windows store version and it connects to the server nut there are other issues. There are a couple of movies tat start to play and then lock hard. Same movie will play from a remote machine.

Hi, You don't need Emby Connect.  Type in the server IP address and use the username/password setup on your Emby Server.

Edited by cayars

Hey, thanks for the response.  But, it doesn't get far enough to enter user/pass.  It starts up as in pic 1, then I get the error in pic 2.

1.png

2.png

Well, at first I thought the same. But everything seems okay (portwise and allowing emby theater). I did disable firewall and still same no connect,

If you want to install TeamViewer on your server I can remote in and take a look.

You could try 127.0.0.1 as the server address as well. Worth a try.

The loopback manager to taken care of the issue. Weird thing is this "just worked" when I first installed all this 4 or 5 months ago, maybe something with windows update, I dunno. But anyway, thanks you guys for the quick responses, much appreciated!

Ah, that would be my preference and how I actually started out. But, I have issues with the desktop app (going to be my next question) that prompted me to try the store app to see if same issue persisted. I have a few movies (have not been able to identify any particular commonality) that cause Emby to lock hard when they play just a couple of minutes in. Video freezes, no audio, but dashboard shows it moving along. So far, it does not seem to happen with the store version.

Edited by DHos