After 4.5.2.0 install reverse proxy not working on Synology NAS

Heval

something strange happened after updating to 4.5.2.
I have a reverse proxy (always worked) on my Synology for Emby server. Its configured like the screenshot attached:

1678860878_Embyreverseproxy.png.6421bf2b54ffe931b57d263e75032944.png
when ever using my proxy domain name emby.mydomain.com its not working. 
when ever using mydomain.com:8090 its working.

I have also a lets encrypt certificate on synology pointed to my emby.mydomain.com.

How is this possible? All my other reverse proxies are working fine except for Emby since the update.

If you need logs, please tell me how and what to get. Thank you.

By that I mean not loading page.
I just figured out that it works only outside my network (found in your documentation that it is normal behavior). Can you tell why this has changed since the update? And please consider this as solved (with some friction and a lot of trial and error).

I always acces the services on my NAS through reverse proxy because those are easy to remember.
service1.mydomain.com

service2.mydomain.com

etc.

I use those links to quick access those services, also Emby. From home and local network. It always worked, still working with other services.

Edited by Heval
typo

I came across this thread and thought I’d respond. I have a Synology (918+ and a 414).  I have used reverse proxy for a couple of years now to access Emby as well as Plex and a few other services on my network.  I have Emby version 4.5.2.0 installed and I have seen no difference in the behavior of the reverse proxy.  I can access Emby via emby.mydomain.com from inside or outside my network.  I can use https://emby.mydomain.com:443 (where emby.mydomain.com resolves to my home WAN address) and then the reverse proxy accesses the Emby server locally via its LAN address on port 8096.  That has not changed for access either internally or externally.  If you’re seeing something different now I wonder if you have made a change in your router or reverse proxy?  Also, where does port 8090 come into play?  That’s not what you show in your Reverse proxy rules.  Maybe you meant 8096 but either way, I have a very similar setup as you and there’s been no problem or change with 4.5.2.0 that I can see.  Good luck!

1 hour ago, jch said:

I came across this thread and thought I’d respond. I have a Synology (918+ and a 414).  I have used reverse proxy for a couple of years now to access Emby as well as Plex and a few other services on my network.  I have Emby version 4.5.2.0 installed and I have seen no difference in the behavior of the reverse proxy.  I can access Emby via emby.mydomain.com from inside or outside my network.  I can use https://emby.mydomain.com:443 (where emby.mydomain.com resolves to my home WAN address) and then the reverse proxy accesses the Emby server locally via its LAN address on port 8096.  That has not changed for access either internally or externally.  If you’re seeing something different now I wonder if you have made a change in your router or reverse proxy?  Also, where does port 8090 come into play?  That’s not what you show in your Reverse proxy rules.  Maybe you meant 8096 but either way, I have a very similar setup as you and there’s been no problem or change with 4.5.2.0 that I can see.  Good luck!

Hi, thanks for the feedback !