Edit Description for Audio & Subtitle Tracks

kamemby
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

When I do a Handbrake transcode for a bluray movie or tv show to an MKV, I also like to include any commentary tracks from the cast and crew along with a description of what the track is (i.e. Commentary: Director Alan Smithee and/or Commentary: Cast & Crew, etc.). I also do that for the corresponding subtitle files. However, the web interface only offers audio choices like DTS, stereo, etc., while the  subtitles choices are things like English (PGSSUB). So, if an MKV file includes multiple commentary tracks, it would be really helpful if the web interface could include or allow for a more complete description of those audio and subtitle tracks when it comes time to choose them for playback.

• Solution
Happy2Play

Have you looked at the "Embedded track title display:" option? Dashboard-Library, Advanced tab

Choose the display title of embedded audio and subtitle tracks. Preferring embedded is not recommended unless you are manually curating embedded track information.

@Happy2Play That's great, thank you for the heads-up on it! Totally missed seeing that feature. And, to answer Luke's question for the sake of completeness, yes, entered the info with the title in Handbrake.