Awful Audio glitches!

DarrenClimie-Newman

Darren & Gemma

Yes unfortunately it is, but like I said its been like this for 4 years, and never had a playback issue over wifi, both with Plex and then when i moved to Emby this year.

I've just tried using VLC player and playing from the network location, and I'm getting the same issue, so its looking more like network. I'll try a temp ethernet cable tomorrow and see what i get. I use Powerline in some parts of the house, sadly the room where i have my media set up doesn't like Powerline, the only room in the house where it doesn't work!!! 😞

Thanks for your help tonight, i'll test a cable tomorrow and let you know what outcome i get. 

Funnily enough i've very recently talked about running a cable from my router outside to my roof, across the loft and down into my cinema room, looks like this issue is going to force me to do it a bit quicker!

Cheers

Edited by Darren & Gemma

• 2 weeks later...
DarrenClimie-Newman

Hi @sooty234

Sorry I forgot to come back to you.

I ran a temp Ethernet cable and it played back fine, so it appears to be network related.

Cheers for your help a couple of weeks back!

• Like 1

sooty234

At least you've confirmed the issue, so you know what needs to be fixed.  If running a cable is too difficult as a permanent fix, you could use a meshed Wifi. 

DarrenClimie-Newman

I will be running permanent Ethernet up in to my loft and down in to some rooms, so this just means I do it sooner rather than later!

sooty234

Groovy. I also favor running a hard line to devices that support gigabit or higher. TVs and things like that aren't worth it. They're only 100 Mb/s.

rbjtech

An interesting thread - Have you tried a different Wifi Channel ?  Also maybe try 2.4Ghz vs 5Ghz.  I would also remove the wifi card drivers from the PC, physically remove the card (assuming it's not built in ..), reboot and let it boot.  Then closedown and reinstall the card back in and let it reinstall the default drivers.