Show filename for all users

computerprep

computerprep

With so many identification issues over the past couple of years, it would be great if we can show the filename (without the path for security) to all users. Or a user setting to turn this on per account.

It would be important to include this in all UI's. Got a little surprise yesterday when my in-laws were over and thought they were playing a Hallmark movie on our living room Roku and got a suspense/thriller instead.

Edited by computerprep

computerprep

Doesn't matter much where the filename is displayed. Would make sense to me for it to be near the bottom, like where codec information is currently. On Roku/AppleTV/etc, just a single line before everything else on the media details page would be helpful.

I opened a whole thread about mis-identification over here. I have incorrect identifications on a weekly basis.

Most recent I can remember, "Blue Ridge (2020)" was identified as "A Blue Ridge Mountain Christmas (2019)"

Edited by computerprep

computerprep

Equally mysterious... manual identification of this file shows the imperfect Batman match as the first choice and the exact match with exact title and exact year as the second choice.