Playback failing in Chrome/Edge but working in Firefox

Capt.Insano

Capt.Insano

Emby 4.5.2.0 Docker

Host Distro: unRAID 6.8.3

Docker Container: latest from official (https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/emby/embyserver/)

When I try to play live TV or recorded program from TVHeadend Plugin via Chrome (Version 86.0.4240.75) on Windows; I just get the spinning circle on a black screen. No media ever loads.

If I try the same thing on Firefox (still Windows) it works perfectly.

Hope it can be fixed.

Attached are the server logs.

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-remux-1bf4a39f-0e1b-483a-80ee-b22ef051f085_1.txt ffmpeg-remux-6f726b74-bcbc-4a43-83ee-23531ec3ddaa_1.txt hardware_detection-63738994942.txt

Capt.Insano

I am confused by "in-app quality settings", when I try to load the video in Chrome browser I only get a black screen with a spinning circle. No progress bar, no playback controls and no settings icon to change quality.

Capt.Insano

I am confused by "in-app quality settings" as I am not playing through an Emby app, this playback is on Chrome browser on windows. There are also no settings options available after trying to load the video on Chrome, just a black screen with spinning circle.

Are you referring to setting other that those in an Emby App (Android or Theatre) and other to those seen on playback?

The web app has in-app quality settings, just as all Emby apps do. Have you explored clicking your user icon in the top right?

Capt.Insano

POST UPDATED:

It is currently set to Auto: This works in Firefox as per previous post but not in Chrome.

image.thumb.png.1d260195124baec0e729227a99c27241.png

If I change it to a specific quality setting (eg: 720p - 1Mbps) it will play on Chrome but is stuttering:

image.thumb.png.ec8c4f693ba6daf19f0e98207f7599ee.png

Edited by Capt.Insano
Updated results