Plugin installation failed

SidneyUA

SidneyUA

After update to 4.5.2.0 on Synology DS218 I've lost all my shows due to permission changes (Emby did not have a permission to reach a folder). But when I gave Emby needed permissions I found out that there are no metadata plugins to identify my shows again. And when I try to install a plugin I get a message "plugin installation failed" (attached image). What can I do to fix this?  

plugin.png

Edited by SidneyUA

SidneyUA

Okay, so I read forums a bit and found out that it was also a permissions issue. So, this is "plugins" folder and, as you can see, Emby has full read/write permissions.
image.png.a1f4cd0b1f8ff493daee7fa00003d163.png

However, when I look at a plugin .dll file I see that it has no permissions whatsoever.

image.png.5f2070b6120b13660d636f09c7d4732d.png

So when I try to update it, it says "access denied".  So I manually added permissions to every plugin .dll file and they all work now.

image.png.cee815cd0643dc0c9523b55dbf575555.png

So my problem is solved now but it would be good if you fixed in next versions. Cheers.

Edited by SidneyUA

SidneyUA

Sorry for spaming, but "Identify" still doesn't work, even though TVDB plugin is updated and working. When I enter the name of the show the screen is just blank. Added the log if it's any help.

image.thumb.png.6a0ff3509fb896cb3e563b050de01a86.png

embyserver.txt

52 minutes ago, SidneyUA said:

Sorry for spaming, but "Identify" still doesn't work, even though TVDB plugin is updated and working. When I enter the name of the show the screen is just blank. Added the log if it's any help.

image.thumb.png.6a0ff3509fb896cb3e563b050de01a86.png

embyserver.txt 525.92 kB · 0 downloads

Can you please go over an example? Thanks.

SidneyUA

Well, these is how my TV Shows look now.

image.thumb.png.8fa1c159c6ced3210f99fb6753badc0f.png

All blank. When I resfresh metadata, nothing changes. I thought I could use "Identify" to manually match them. But these are Search results after I press "Identify" on any of them.

image.thumb.png.f51d36a9f21d03dd730c8f08ca21b2f2.png

It looks like it cannot connect to TVDB or any other metadata provider.

What are you entering into the identify dialog? What metadata providers are enabled on your TV library, and in what order?

SidneyUA

It doesn't work on any show. Succession, Upload, The Good Place, Hilda, Archer are the ones that I tried. When I use TVDB id, it finds a show, but still cannot download info. Here's an example. 

image.thumb.png.2d0fedc6b0eb82d388bd690fd5a66b15.png

No thumbnail and endless circle in the middle.

The dialog currently waits for the entire series refresh to finish. The user interface there needs to be improved, but the spinning circle means that it's busy, not that nothing is being downloaded.