Emby server can't see folders

SidneyUA
Go to solution Solved by Racing88,

SidneyUA

Yesterday I updated the server to version 4.5.2.0 and today I got an error "No compatible streams". I poked around a little and found out that for whatever reason Emby can't see folder where my files are located. They are in volume1/Media/Shows. 

image.thumb.png.4d2ecc15ce4626c787cf3f0c3e6dd4f4.png

So here when i choose Media I should get a list of folders inside like Shows, Movies and Sports. Instead I have this

image.thumb.png.1ba70020125d3bdef58a3c4317f8f7e6.png

Nothing, it all just disappears.

Edit: I am on Synology DS218, installed version armv8.

Edited by SidneyUA

• Solution
Racing88

The access rights of Emby to the respective folder are not correct.

After updating to the new Emby version 4.5.2.0 you should check whether the user Emby has the necessary rights to the media folder.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
Natethegreat

Having the same problem. Checked the permissions on the media folder under control pannel > shared folder (highlight the selected folder where your media is located) hit edit>permissions (in the picklist select "system internal user") THAT is where I found the emby server user. Checkmark the Read/Write permission under emby and hit save. Go back to the emby app and presto! I can select the file paths now. That worked for me. Hope that helps.

Edited by Natethegreat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
rakess70

I have checked all permissions.  I have even created a new folder and opened everything up and it still cannot see the folder?

It's a permission problem.

If on DSM 7 you need to make sure you give access to the system internal (drop down) user name emby.

If you changed any permissions at the media level you want to check the parent folder and reset them making sure to allow those changes to take affect on all files/folders below it as well.

• 1 year later...
KenLinder
On 8/30/2021 at 5:46 AM, Natethegreat said:

Having the same problem. Checked the permissions on the media folder under control pannel > shared folder (highlight the selected folder where your media is located) hit edit>permissions (in the picklist select "system internal user") THAT is where I found the emby server user. Checkmark the Read/Write permission under emby and hit save. Go back to the emby app and presto! I can select the file paths now. That worked for me. Hope that helps.

I get this all the time in Win7. I'm logged in as admin. I installed EMBY as admin. I own the files and the directory (I used "dir [somethingToMatch]  /Q" and I also checked using explorer->properties->security->Advanced->Owner). Yet EMBY refuses to look at certain directories, or certain files in those directories.

I have no idea how it accomplishes this.