android TV Emby just sits at loading.....

pir8radio

pir8radio

Hey @ebr I have a 70" 4k tv with android tv built in...   when you turn off the tv, it looses its IP but the ethernet link stays linked up... on my switch and the tv...   but when i power the tv on after its in that state emby just sits at loading...  I have internet Hulu and netflix works, emby doesnt, i have to reboot the tv to get it to work...   Its like emby sees its good, and tries to reach my server but never actually fails or does anything to fix itself...   any ideas?

i just let it sit for 10 mins so far, still loading (when you initially open the app).  looks like no kind of timeout/retry mech to deal with whatever is going on.

weird after sitting for 10 mins i hit the "back" button and my tv guide was there... and it let me play a channel...    i can re-create this.

Edited by pir8radio

pir8radio
6 hours ago, ebr said:

Did you enable "Live TV mode"?

wuch you talkin' about willis?    

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, pir8radio said:

wuch you talkin' about willis?    

There is an option in the settings for "Live TV Mode".  It makes it go directly to the last channel you played.  It sounds like that is what is happening but the channel is not playing properly.

6 minutes ago, ebr said:

There is an option in the settings for "Live TV Mode".  It makes it go directly to the last channel you played.  It sounds like that is what is happening but the channel is not playing properly.

If you think that could be an issue, shouldn't the app have a fallback mode that would be triggered after x seconds and would make the app start in "normal mode"?

1 minute ago, neik said:

If you think that could be an issue, shouldn't the app have a fallback mode that would be triggered after x seconds and would make the app start in "normal mode"?

This doesn't really have anything to do with the mode per se.

The app is starting fine. The issue is that the channel is not playing - and it isn't throwing an error either because we would already catch and trap that.

pri8, if I'm right, please send a log from the app right after this happens.

pir8radio
3 hours ago, ebr said:

The app is starting fine. The issue is that the channel is not playing - and it isn't throwing an error either because we would already catch and trap that.

Oh i do not have it set to return to the last watched channel automatically,  when fireing up the tv it lands directly on the dashboard...    Just last night I couldnt even get emby to work, the only fix was to restart the TV.    then emby fired right up into the dashboard...   I'll send error log now,     expect log within 10 min window of this posts time stamp.       

pir8radio
3 hours ago, ebr said:

Ok just sent logs,,,     at 9.38 CDT Turned on my TV after being asleep all night, and emby wouldnt load, just sat there loading....  I backed out and verified i had a connection, netflix worked...  so i went into android TV settings/info/restart and rebooted the tv,  once rebooted went to emby, and it opened right up, took me a few mins to find the send logs option...   sent logs...

Seems to be an issue logging into the server after Android TV wakes from a sleep.    could be model specific with how network sleep is handled, but would be nice for emby to be able to deal with this since other apps seem ok with it on this tv...

Another variable is that im IPV6 (and IPV4) here...  android probably assigns a new IPV6 address after wake.   Might be something emby isnt expecting, however this is just speculation i have not tested. 

Edited by pir8radio

pir8radio

Just sent more logs again 4.32 pm cdt.  Came to the living room to watch TV turned on the TV same issue had to reboot the TV to get emby to work

2 hours ago, pir8radio said:

Just sent more logs again 4.32 pm cdt.  Came to the living room to watch TV turned on the TV same issue had to reboot the TV to get emby to work

Since you are rebooting the TV all I'm seeing is the successful start.  I thought  you said you could hit back and you ended up at your guide?

pir8radio
On 10/23/2020 at 7:27 PM, ebr said:

Since you are rebooting the TV all I'm seeing is the successful start.  I thought  you said you could hit back and you ended up at your guide?

Appears that was a one off.  It might be an android network issue and not emby.   I’m getting closer to finding the issue.