Emby does not save progress

sandro_rocha_1982

sandro_rocha_1982

Good Morning. My Emby is not saving the video's progress. This way I cannot resume. I don't know what happened or when it happened. I am using the beta version 4.6.0.2.

ps: in addition to the problem mentioned, I'm having playback problems in the Android application. The video does not start or hangs too much.

embyserver.txt embyserver-63738828984.txt embyserver-63738835200.txt

sandro_rocha_1982
On 10/21/2020 at 1:02 PM, Luke said:

Hi there, please go over an example. Thanks.

An example? I don't know if I understood ... I started watching the series Raised By Wolves and Star Trek: Lower Decks. No episode that I stopped in the middle appeared on the home screen to continue and when starting, Emby didn't ask if I wanted to continue where I left off. I had to start from the beginning and move on to the last point I saw.

In other words, please provide discussion of what you watched, when you did that, what device/app, along with what position you stopped and how you stopped playback, and then also what you observed after stopping. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
sandro_rocha_1982
On 10/24/2020 at 2:39 PM, Luke said:

In other words, please provide discussion of what you watched, when you did that, what device/app, along with what position you stopped and how you stopped playback, and then also what you observed after stopping. Thanks.

Okay. Yesterday, November 1st, I started watching "Lovecraft Country - S01E07" on the WebOS 3.5 application. I stopped playback at 24 minutes, using the stop button on the controller. I went back to the home screen and there was the episode among the videos to continue. This morning, November 2nd, I opened the Android app on the phone and the episode was still on the home screen, ready to continue. On the same day, at night, the episode had disappeared from the home screen. ps: I'm using the latest beta version of the server. ps2: apparently, and i'm not sure or how to test, the position of the films are being saved. As soon as I installed the latest beta, I started playing "Back to the Future" and it is still on the home screen. It's been a few days.

sandro_rocha_1982
On 11/3/2020 at 4:27 AM, Luke said:

Great, thanks. Which log file was the one modified during the time period of that activity?

I watched another episode halfway through, waited to appear on the home screen and picked up the log. After the episode disappeared from the home screen, the next day, I got the new log. Both are attached.

embyserver.txt embyserver-63740044810.txt embyserver0.txt

sandro_rocha_1982
4 minutes ago, vdatanet said:

I see you are using Trakt, maybe Trakt is reseting the progress position.

I will uninstall Trakt and test it. Thanks! I just don't understand why movies stay on the home screen indefinitely.

ps: just being able to disable plugins would be a good thing.

vdatanet
2 minutes ago, sandro_rocha_1982 said:

I will uninstall Trakt and test it. Thanks! I just don't understand why movies stay on the home screen indefinitely.

ps: just being able to disable plugins would be a good thing.

Check your progress on Trakt at:

https://sharkykh.github.io/tppm/

There you can manually clear progress for items you don't want, after that do a Trakt import.

Edited by vdatanet

Yea i would try removing those plugins, then restart the server and see if the issue persists. Thanks.

sandro_rocha_1982
28 minutes ago, vdatanet said:

You also have this plugin:

Simkl TV Tracker 1.0.0.0

I got to try Simkl but I didn't really understand how it works, I couldn't import my Emby library. I uninstalled it with Trakt.

sandro_rocha_1982
On 11/4/2020 at 1:58 PM, vdatanet said:

You also have this plugin:

Simkl TV Tracker 1.0.0.0

Good Morning. I tested the server without the Simkl plugin (I kept Trakt) and, apparently, the progress of the episodes is being saved as shown in the screenshots. It's been over 24 hours since the episode I started continues on the home screen. The problem appears to be in the Simkl plugin.

Screenshot_20201106-024238.png

Screenshot_20201106-023903.png