TrueNAS and Emby

xtralives

pctravel
10 hours ago, Luke said:

@Stiversont has this helped? What version do you currently have installed?

@MRobi @dhenzler  Yes, thank you for the help. The instructions installed 4.6, then I manually installed to latest 4.7, used my backup and have it running now. Going to keep my old jail for a few days just to make sure all working smoothly. Only odd thing was my home videos from my Photos folder for some reason ended up in my movies folder??? I reset the database and didn't retry syncing my photos again for now. Other than that all good!

pctravel

Sorry, should qualify the above video issue was using Kodi Emby addon. Emby folders updated perfectly. The Kodi issue I had never seen.

4 hours ago, pctravel said:

@MRobi @dhenzler  Yes, thank you for the help. The instructions installed 4.6, then I manually installed to latest 4.7, used my backup and have it running now. Going to keep my old jail for a few days just to make sure all working smoothly. Only odd thing was my home videos from my Photos folder for some reason ended up in my movies folder??? I reset the database and didn't retry syncing my photos again for now. Other than that all good!

Thanks for the feedback.

• 5 months later...
timter51

I am about to attempt to install Emby on TrueNAS 13 and I am somewhat terrified, having read various threads on here. What is currently the best / officially supported way of doing this? Should I use the plugin listed in the TrueNAS directory (if so, which one, as there are two)? Should I attempt a manual install? Is there a decent guide available?

51 minutes ago, timter51 said:

I am about to attempt to install Emby on TrueNAS 13 and I am somewhat terrified, having read various threads on here. What is currently the best / officially supported way of doing this? Should I use the plugin listed in the TrueNAS directory (if so, which one, as there are two)? Should I attempt a manual install? Is there a decent guide available?

HI, official instructions can be found on our website:

https://emby.media/truenas-server.html

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

adrianwi

Out of interest, what's the difference between the 12 and 13 installation?

I'm still running 12-U8 but at some point will upgrade to the 13 train.  I would usually just upgrade the jails to FreeBSD 13, but is it better to recreate the jail?  I have the /var/db/emby-server folder mounted outside the jail and assume that will work across both 12 or 13?

4 minutes ago, adrianwi said:

Out of interest, what's the difference between the 12 and 13 installation?

I'm still running 12-U8 but at some point will upgrade to the 13 train.  I would usually just upgrade the jails to FreeBSD 13, but is it better to recreate the jail?  I have the /var/db/emby-server folder mounted outside the jail and assume that will work across both 12 or 13?

To be honest we haven't been through all those scenarios yet. So far we've been mainly testing fresh installs, so as of now, I think you'd have to just try it out and report your experience. But we'll know more as we do more testing.

• 7 months later...
Slopelitter

What's the best way to update Emby to the latest on Truenas? I once used their update feature broke it. I think on this site someone said it was not an official version.  Right now I'm on 4.7.6.0 want to move up to 4.7.11.0 how do I do that? I hardly know anything about Linux probably need to learn more I would know how to do this. 

Edited by Slopelitter

Baenwort
On 1/26/2023 at 12:45 AM, Slopelitter said:

What's the best way to update Emby to the latest on Truenas? I once used their update feature broke it. I think on this site someone said it was not an official version.  Right now I'm on 4.7.6.0 want to move up to 4.7.11.0 how do I do that? I hardly know anything about Linux probably need to learn more I would know how to do this. 

How did you create the Emby jail and what version of TrueNAS are you on?