I dont know where to start

bdub44

Hi,

I'm able to see my media but when i play it just hangs and says  "No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details." I noticed its takes a long time for m media to scan as well. I'm running this through the Asutor  with docker/portainer conatainer. Also when putting in my files i can only do it through SMB. When i try it through the network path \\192.168 i get "The path could not be found. Please ensure the path is valid and try again" even though i have the file shared on the network. 

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks 

Bdub44

Hi, try instead mounting the SMB share to a local path using the tools in the OS. Then add the local path into Emby. Please see if that helps. Thanks  !

Hi Luke Im a little confused this is my mounted folderimage.thumb.png.9e0e89b83f98f2be89a139d54d5b005e.png

And this is my shared folder

image.thumb.png.e4ebb5962631b5128cf8c449f8be96ad.png

Both have the same data but neither the /shareMedia mounted or the shared folder Media show up in the paths of Emby. They do show up when i go to the Network path SMB part of Emby.

image.thumb.png.97f82477302c872918a97084c69508d1.png

Is there a way to use Emby Server for Asutor without using docker/portainer because i think docker/portainer is why its not seeing my shared folder? On Plex I'm able to see all the files including the ones copied from Emby.

Bdub44

Edited by bdub44

Fellow ASUSTOR user, here. 

First question:  instead of using the Docker version, why not just use the one in App Central?  It's a bit behind, version wise, but it's simpler to use.  I actually just manually install the ASUSTOR package from Emby's downloads page, using App Central, just to keep up with the current version, but I'm impatient.

Second, in your first screenshot, it looks like you've mounted the NAS SMB share on the NAS itself, which is a bit redundant.  I would unmount that, as it isn't necessary (Access Control --> Shared Folders --> CIFS Folder).

Now, to the fun stuff.  Per your second screenshot, your path should be "/share/Media" which is the one of the defaults.  If that's where your files are at, that's where you'll want to point your Emby library path(s).  So, in your third screenshot, you'll want to get rid of the smb stuff in the folder and just put "/share/Media".

Where the SMB part comes into play is for clients that support direct play.  You would then put the "smb://192.168.1.11/Media" in the "(Optional) Shared network folder" part.  Double check that path though—I use NFS, not SMB, so I'm not 100% sure this is the exact path.  A good test would be to try to mount "\\192.168.1.11\Media" in Windows to see if it works (or "smb://192.168.1.11/Media" in MacOS/Linux) and if it works, that's what you use.

Hi Jags,

I've tried with both the Emby Server from Asutor as well as the one from Emby. Either one when i don't have docker/portainer i get this

image.thumb.png.400af57ead51604f83947cc7171202b7.png

When i use docker/portainer with Emby I'm able to connect. I had Jellyfin before which uses the same ports as Emby. I have since deleted all, Did a refresh turn off and recycled my NAS and still get the page message above. Without docker/portainer i also fail the canyouseeme test. I have unmounted the /shared folder and as well as the other suggestion you made.

Also to add when i gert the above message go to another page/website and go back to the emby 8096 i get this and it just sits there.image.thumb.png.2bb42ed62ae2e2f11b29918e385f5523.png

Thanks 

Bdub44

Edited by bdub44

3 minutes ago, bdub44 said:

Hi Luke,

Did that too but i get the same result. Does it matter which browser to use? I normally use Chrome

Bdub44

try just opening the browser to http://ip:port

Did that in edge, chrome and firefox and get the same result as above. It seems the only way i can get to Emby is having docker/portainer installed specifically when do Manual network port publishing . It just can't see my shared media path i created in Asutor

Also i don't see any Emby folder or files on the drive. just the icon on the Asutor desktop.

Edited by bdub44

Just to confirm:  when using 8096, you are using http://192.168.1.11:8096, correct?  If you are trying with SSL (i.e., https) you need to use port 8920, so https://192.168.1.11:8920.  This assumes you haven't changed the default ports.

Also, if you use the App Central version of Emby, what happens when you click on the Emby icon on the desktop?

Finally, just to be certain, you don't have both the Docker version and App Central version running simultaneously?  Maybe uninstall/remove the Docker version, uninstall the App Central version, reboot, and try to install just the App Central version and see if that resolves the problem.

"Just to confirm:  when using 8096, you are using http://192.168.1.11:8096, correct?" Yes 8920 refuses a connection but 8096 does not

"Also, if you use the App Central version of Emby, what happens when you click on the Emby icon on the desktop?" Using the app central with no Docker

image.thumb.png.886ed4500c7f250ece4078cc359e8aff.png

When i use the App Central with Docker/portainer

image.thumb.png.a5e94898a342f02e4ef4f1246a5e1b41.png

"Finally, just to be certain, you don't have both the Docker version and App Central version running simultaneously?  Maybe uninstall/remove the Docker version, uninstall the App Central version, reboot, and try to install just the App Central version and see if that resolves the problem"

I uninstalled both docker portainer and Emby ,turned off my NAS unplugged and Reset for 15 min to do a full refresh loaded the Emby App version first got this againimage.thumb.png.886ed4500c7f250ece4078cc359e8aff.png

Just reloaded docker/portainer and got this again

image.thumb.png.a5e94898a342f02e4ef4f1246a5e1b41.png

I did some reading on the board eariler and this seems to be a problem with the Asutor model i have i haven't found any solutions yet but still looking.

Bdub43

8 minutes ago, Jägs said:

Its only running when I use Emby from the App Store along with Docker/portainer. If I don’t manually port 8096/8920 in portainer it won’t run I’ve tried all versions compatible with the Asutor I have including the beta 4.6 if i don’t use Docker/portainer I get the Refuse to connect message. I saw on another thread that some were having this issue.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/77889-impossible-to-connect/&tab=comments#comment-796494

None of any kind. There no Emby folder  either. I read on another forum that someone was using a program called putty to do a usersel emby and restart but I’m having trouble getting putty to work.

Edited by bdub44

sandro_rocha_1982
7 hours ago, bdub44 said:

None of any kind. There no Emby folder  either. I read on another forum that someone was using a program called putty to do a usersel emby and restart but I’m having trouble getting putty to work.

Try Shell In A Box instead of Putty. In the App Center you find it. And look on the system monitor to see if the Emby-server process is running.

Edited by sandro_rocha_1982

Hi sandro_rocha_1982

Thanks for the suggestion. Its funny it says my Emby Server is sleeping

image.thumb.png.c9f10a0b3f860392ac91141ef08b0ba1.png

even while i'm running a movie

image.thumb.png.64fbb7f917c41585aa230f3cef586193.png

but it may be to the fact im running this on docker/portainer. it seems i need both in order for it to work. Im trying to get to a point where i don't need docker/portainer at all.

Now i just uninstalled docker/portainer and now Emby server doesnt even show up in activity Monitor process

image.thumb.png.715c8550091681433b6e89f16c87fd5c.png

As well as refused to connect message in my browser

image.thumb.png.96e40ddbe38bac85a2d1007ae06d5ac4.png

Bdub44

Edited by bdub44

sandro_rocha_1982
2 hours ago, bdub44 said:

Hi sandro_rocha_1982

Thanks for the suggestion. Its funny it says my Emby Server is sleeping

image.thumb.png.c9f10a0b3f860392ac91141ef08b0ba1.png

even while i'm running a movie

image.thumb.png.64fbb7f917c41585aa230f3cef586193.png

but it may be to the fact im running this on docker/portainer. it seems i need both in order for it to work. Im trying to get to a point where i don't need docker/portainer at all.

Now i just uninstalled docker/portainer and now Emby server doesnt even show up in activity Monitor process

image.thumb.png.715c8550091681433b6e89f16c87fd5c.png

As well as refused to connect message in my browser

image.thumb.png.96e40ddbe38bac85a2d1007ae06d5ac4.png

Bdub44

I don't know if the process that was running inside Docker would appear on the system monitor. Install Emby via the App Center (download the latest stable version for your system), install Shell in a Box and on his command line, if Emby is not running, type /usr/local/AppCentral/emby-server/bin/emby-server. I think this will start the server.

• 8 months later...
sandrorudin

Good for you to get it working. Now that people tried to help you it would be nice to post some information about what was the problem so that maybe you can help other people who have a similar issue.

bdub44

Hi sandrorudian

i’d like to able to help in any way that I can. I was. Using jellyfin and my problem was jellyfin uses the same port numbers as emby. I had jellyfin installed using Docker and Tried using 

sandro_rocha_1982  suggestion which cleared up the problem. With emby you can use Docker but isn’t necessary where as with jellyfin at least at the time I had an issue did.

Bdub44

Edited by bdub44