MKV Files

Shenniko

Shenniko

Has anyone had any issues with playing MKV files?

Ive had issues both on PC (Web Browser) and though TV.. I convert them to MP4 and they work fine..

I try to play MKV  files and it plays for a bit, then the spinning circle comes up.. like its buffering.. it only seems to be with MKV files..

Thanks

Shenn

gogreenpower

Yes, up until last week mkv and mp4  files played fine.

I'm running Emby Server 4.5.2.0 on a Raspberry Pi 4. 

The previous version had the issue as well, which prompted me to update to 4.5.2.0 and when that didn't work it led me here.

The mkv and the mp4 files play natively on the Pi. When trying to play MKV though Emby no error just spinning circle, MP4 gets the error message "No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details."

This only affects new files, i.e. the ones I've downloaded in the last week, all old mkv and mp4 files work just fine.

Also new MP4 files show up in the library but some MKV show, the majority don't show at all.

embyserver.txt

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, gogreenpower said:

These logs show you have permissions issues.

example from transcode log

09:36:11.984 /home/pi/Storage/Series/Star Trek Discovery/Season 3/star.trek.discovery.s03e01.1080p.web.h264-cakes.mkv: Permission denied

gogreenpower

Yes, sorry to bother you.

a simple 

sudo chmod -R 0755 /storage_path

fixed my problem. And now I think of it, I had been doing some remote coping and pasting from my phone, must have been it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...