Album Cover bei Wiedergabe nicht korrekt

viennaphil

viennaphil

Hallo,

ich hoffe ich bin hier richtig, falls nicht bitte um info und verschieben.

ich habe seit einiger Zeit einen Emby Server am laufen und soweit klappt alles wunderbar, einzig bei der Wiedergabe der klassischer Musik hapert es an der Darstellung der korrekten Cover.

ich habe zb. 6 Aufnahmen der 5.Symphonie von Beethoven, dh Album Tag ist Symphonie Nr.5 c-moll, Albumartist Tag ist dann das jeweilige Orchester und Dirigent. In der Bibliotheksansicht klappt das auch alles wunderbar, ich sehe 6 verschiedene Alben dieser Symphonie mit den jeweiligen (unterschiedlichen) Covern.

Möchte ich nun eine dieser Aufnahmen wiedergeben, werden zwar die richtigen Dateien angespielt (erkennbar an den Metadaten) aber das angezeigte Coverbild ist immer das gleiche, meistens jenes, welches an erster Stelle in der Bibliothek steht.

Ich hoffe, das ist soweit verständlich formuliert.

Mache ich etwas falsch? Hab ich eine Einstellung übersehen?

Die musikfiles (FLAC und MP3) liegen je Album in seperaten Foldern, und sind getagged inkl. Coverbildern (mit mp3tag), Coverbilder sind auch in die jeweiligen Folder exportiert.

Emby Server läuft auf Ubuntu Server 20.04, Emby ist die aktuellste Version 4.5.2.0, das Verhalten ist überall gleich, egal ob über Browser oder Android App.

Danke vorab,

lg

Edited by viennaphil

viennaphil

Hi Luke,

the problem occures only if there is more than one Album with the same Name. I handle my classical collection like this, the composers work is the Albumtitle, the Albumartist is tagged with the Orchestra, Conductor and Composer, so this works all fine in the Library View.1360674407_embyexamplelibrary.thumb.jpg.794ec1d55ab86cbcf3d9f15c374c0e32.jpg

so if start now Beethovens 5. played by Wiener Philharmoniker under Karl Böhm, playback starts but with the wrong Cover shown

grafik.thumb.png.4ecdf83ee24568c4d91b4ef6e15649e1.png

grafik.thumb.png.e53f791a48164924caa8707bad745b6a.png

if i check the metadata, the correct file is played, only wrong cover art is shown

grafik.thumb.png.7f1af48a699f9e80cf1b011313dfb2a9.png

cheers

phil

Edited by viennaphil

viennaphil
40 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi. Does that song file have an embedded image?

Hi,

Yes, all Files are tagged an have embbeded images. The Covers images you see in the screenshots above are extracted by emby.

cheers, phil

51 minutes ago, viennaphil said:

Hi,

Yes, all Files are tagged an have embbeded images. The Covers images you see in the screenshots above are extracted by emby.

cheers, phil

Which of those images is embedded in that specific file?

viennaphil
38 minutes ago, ebr said:

Which of those images is embedded in that specific file?

in that specific file "Beethoven Symphonie Nr.5 c-moll op.67 -01- WP Böhm.flac" this image is embedded:

cover.thumb.jpg.3c2bb9371b576c1673b0f24a697fd8b5.jpg

but emby shows in the player section the embedded Cover image from another Album/file Beethoven Symphonie Nr.5 c-moll op.67 -01- WP Rattle.flac:

cover.thumb.jpg.3d9627b8f791e46dfc68db370fda3584.jpg

which appears first in the Album view

All my Files are tagged including images.

Kodi, Plex, VLC, Audioplayers on Smartphones, Yamaha AVR are all showing the correct images, so there cant be any fault in my Tags.

cheers, phil

viennaphil

This Failure occures everytime when the Album title is the same (only Albumartists are different)

It seems that Emby is catching the cover images from the database instead directly from the file that is played.  Therefore, it always gets the first picture stored in the database, if there is more than one Album with the same Name stored, which happens most of the time with classical music :)

i really hope, you can fix this, cause this is the only thing to be solved to get a WAF higher than 1 😉

cheers

phil

Edited by viennaphil

viennaphil
16 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, does the song have an image assigned to it? The image might be attached to the song.

How do you mean assigned?
All images were embedded with mp3tag.

In the meantime, for test purposes, I extracted the images in some folders and saved them as folder.jpg, but unfortunately no change in the behavior.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
viennaphil

Hi Luke,

sorry for the late response, i tried with Version 4.6.0.10 beta and it works like charme now, Thanks!!!!

all the best for 2021, happy new year!

cheers,

phil