Hauppauge HD PVR Pro 60

sward

Please note this is a Hauppauge capture card, not a tuner. It is similar to the Colossus 2, except that this can take in a 4k source.

Ok yes I believe the lower level support we're working on will cover both capture cards and tuner cards.

Do we have an ETA on when this expanded support for Hauppauge devices will become available? I've been using Emby for 4 months now, and every time I ask about something I'm being told that it's being worked on, and yet the months go by and nothing seems to change. Should be possible to do incremental improvements & updates to existing codebase without having to wait for some monolithic release that will address all concerns, and which may be years in the making.

SHSPVR
On 10/19/2020 at 2:06 PM, sward said:

Hello - any plans to support this new Hauppauge capture device? This would solve a lot of problems for me as most of my sources today are 4k:

https://hauppauge.com/pages/products/data_hdpvrpro60.html

It is petty much point less to get as it can only record in down convert 1080p not 4k and it is just for 4k pass thru as 30fps and I doubt you be able get around HDCP but I haven't test it and 4k is still not main steam it a long way off for many folk unless it OTA

I don't want or need to record in 4K but most of my sources are 4k,  that's why this device would help me a lot. Currently I have to reduce my Verizon FiOS One STB's output resolution to 1080p since that's the max that the Hauppauge Colossus 2 capture card supports, but unfortunately my STB seems to reset itself to its 4k factory default quite frequently, and then I cannot record anything.

Forgot to ask - if they add WinTV support for the Hauppauge HD PVR Pro 60, then I believe Emby can control this capture card, correct? I'm assuming here that Emby can control any Hauppauge device that's compatible with WinTV.

SHSPVR
14 minutes ago, sward said:

Forgot to ask - if they add WinTV support for the Hauppauge HD PVR Pro 60, then I believe Emby can control this capture card, correct? I'm assuming here that Emby can control any Hauppauge device that's compatible with WinTV.

It not support under WinTV not even under NextPVR nor any other app and as far I know of it only support under Hauppauge Capture and OBS sorry.