Picture Quality....no complaints, just some questions

Ronstang

sooty234
5 minutes ago, Ronstang said:

Thanks guys, MPV works great over RDP so that is a huge plus.  Am I to assume if the audio and sub tracks play properly in MPV they will in all Emby apps?

mpv supports more than any other player that Emby uses. So, to answer that question, we would need to know what device you are using.

4 minutes ago, Ronstang said:

Thanks, I'll try that but if that is the latest  release where do you get the updates?

No, that isn't mpv itself. That project is someone using mpv and making their own UI. And looking at their git page, they haven't done anything since may. The download I gave you is the very latest build of mpv, which was built on Sunday.

If you want to learn about mpv, here's their site:

https://mpv.io/manual/master/

Ronstang
7 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

That is a loaded question as not every app is capable of the exact same formats.

That's OK, the only real problem I have been having is with subtitles from my DVDs and Blu-Rays but that appears to be an MCEBuddy boondoggle as it does not extract all the subs from DVD as I want and although it does from Blu-Rays they are PGS and the resulting conversion MCEBuddy does to them completely ruins them and they don't play in anything.  I just don't extract subs from my discs anymore and use MKVCleaver to extract only the subs I want in their native format.