Music library - Lock item no working

Oldjuju

Hey guys,

I've been using Emby for music for a couple of months now. 
There are a lot of albums that I've gone through and cleaned up their metadata. When I tidy up the metadata, I always tick the "Lock the item to prevent future changes" option.

However, after a while (weeks I think), this setting is lost on the album and the metadata is updated to a incorrect metadata. ie, it seems to grab the latest release for the album.
eg. Black Sabbath's Paranoid shows it was released in 2016 instead of 1970.
I find that when it loses the "lock" setting, it refreshes, but doesn't correctly grab the MusicBrainz Album Id. It uses the MusicBrainz Release Group Id as the Album Id. This Album Id does not exist, so it probably grabs the information from the latest release.

Correct Release Group Id: cc053745-c447-3566-8f27-bed5438c9133
Incorrect Album Id: cc053745-c447-3566-8f27-bed5438c9133
Correct Album Id (that I'm setting manually): d820f080-845a-4525-8e46-087ce9f8cdda

See attached screen shot.

I am running official version 4.5.2.0 in docker.

Hope this makes sense.
Is there any way to prevent this from reoccurring? 

many thanks,

Cam

chrome_gxTxa84OrX.png

PenkethBoy

in the library setup page there is an option to refresh the data

by default its off - so check that as the options are 30,60,90 days - i never have this on as it will overwrite any changes you have made

and it appears that it overwrites locked metadata as well

PenkethBoy

ok - then you or a user must have refreshed an item at some point as emby wont do it on its own

or you have another app changing nfo files - which emby will read when changed

or you edited some songs outside emby - say updated the tags and that would cause it to refresh

Thanks again.

There are no other users.
When you say someone (me) must have refreshed an item. Do you mean by manually selecting the "Refresh Metadata" option? Would this override, and untick, the "Lock this item" option?

I have used MP3Tag to modify tags directly on the mp3 files. Emby picks up those changes but they are lost at a later date.
Would this trigger a full metadata refresh on an item even though that item is "locked"?

The only other things I can think might be causing this:
1. I have had AirSonic running in another docker container which might be the culprit.
I am testing that right now, however that should scan every day and the Emby metadata is being lost after weeks.

* Now tested and no changes were made to Emby (ran a rescan of the library in Emby as well) *

2. Upgrading the Emby docker image
I won't be able to test this until I'm notified of the next update.

3. I use Lidarr to grab music. Aaaand I believe this is the culprit.
I knew Lidarr wrote metadata, but I assumed that this would be done on import only. Looks like it defaults the option "Tag Audio Files with Metadata" to "All files; keep in sync with MusicBrainz".
Although it doesn't show how often this occurs.
I will stop Emby, reimport one of the albums and see what Lidarr writes. I'll then restart Emby and see how it handles it.

thanks for your suggestions.

No that wouldn't override the lock. If the embedded metadata within the songs changed that may though.

PenkethBoy

yep Lidarr will be the thing changing metadata on you

so you need to decide which one to get metadata from - so they dont "fight" over your music

if it were me i would turn off the lidarr metadata and stick with picard/mp3tag and emby