No music files now on Android tablet

avalon65

avalon65

I have an Android 9 tablet and have had emby installed and working great for months. Now when I load emby on the tablet, there are no music files at all. I even tried deleting the existing library and re adding theĀ  music path from my FreeNAS server, but now it says the path could not be found.

The said path is \\192.168.0.42\Media\Music

Anyone know why this is all of a sudden.

Thanks

avalon65

The web app does show all my music files. I have the said files mounted on my linux desktop, and when I select that as the server in the emby app on the tablet, there are still no files.

I'm baffled as to why it has just done this.

What version of the android app? What device and version of android? Can you show a screenshot? thanks.

avalon65

The version of the android app is the latest from the play store, as I uninstalled the earlier version and re installed.. The tablet is an Huawei MediaPad M5 lite with android version 8.

Actually I have just uninstalled the emby plugin from my NAS server and then installed a later version: 4.2.1.0, the added the music to that, and now the emby app on my tablet is showing the music.

Thanks

avalon65

Ok, well when I start the emby app now on the tablet, I select the server emby plugin, if that is the same as the web app

avalon65

There is no user icon for the emby plugin on my server, and for the icon on the top right of the emby app on my tablet, there is nothing to show what user.

I've just tried to sign in with the emby connect server, but now my login details are invalid????

Edited by avalon65

avalon65

What do you man by the web app. When I connect to emby server the icon in the upper right does not show or display any name.

When I try to connect to either the emby plugin on my FreeNAS server or emby server on my linux machine, bot attempts fail with connection failure. I know there is no wifi on either of those machines, but I was able to connect to my linux desktop before, now I can't, or rather emby can't.

Thanks