Tuner for Live DVR and Recording

Pommes

Hi,

I know there are a few similar posts, but I havent found anything for my specific situation.
I am looking for a DVB-C Tuner for the live tv and recording feature in Emby, that is currently available to buy (Europe).
It should be able to handle up to 4 streams at 1080p, work with Emby and have a ci+ slot (or two)
I found HD Homeruns etc only used at ebay on amazon etc they are all out of stock.

Will the tv guide work with that solution, i found a few post that sayed it only works with DVB-T
:)

yes thanks :)
I already took a look at the Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-935HD but wasnt shure how to get it in emby, because the cable connection is not in the same as the synology (emby server).
The second thing it has no ci+ slot for the encrypted channels

If you can't run cable to your server you can't use USB or PCI boards and will need a network type tuner where you place the device where your cable is.  But then you want to make sure you have Ethernet at that location as well.

yep i actually have a 10g between them, but any recommendations for network tuners?
Btw is there a software solution when i plug the usb tuner into a pi4 and then stream with the pi via lan to my Emby Server?

I would look for either an HDHomeRun from SiliconDust or maybe even better for you would be a Vbox Communications Android Gateway.

I have both HDHRs and a Vbox and they both work flawlessly in the USA with ATSC.  Vbox is based out of Israel and make a good product.  It's more than just a tuner and can be your Android TV box as well (running Emby Client) if you have a TV near your cable feed.  You can also just use it as a tuner and not use the android part of it.

https://vboxcomm.com/android-tv-gateway/

See if they have a device that matches your criteria.